Nine.

Can I just say this is one of my favorite chapters that I've written? I think it's so cute...

Kind of a long chapter here, so I hope you enjoy!

Excuse any mistakes.

Omniscient

"Hi my name is Faith Henderson. I'm a freshman, business administration major with a concentration in entrepreneurship. I'm from Emerald Isle, North Carolina. And what do I like to do for fun? Um I like to listen to music." Faith introduced herself to the class kind of shy and sat down as quickly as she could.

"What kind of music do you like to listen to?" Her math professor asked her with a smile.

"All kinds." She shrugged.

"Who's your favorite artist?"

She low key groaned in her head because she feels like she gave enough information in her introduction. "Etta James."

The professor nodded and went to the next student in the row behind Faith. "And you are?"

"Uhh my name is Adonis Johnson. I'm from Newark, New Jersey, I'm studying sports management, and I like to play basketball for fun."

"Are you on the school's basketball team?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Your classification?"

"Oh I'm sorry. I'm a freshman too." He glanced at Faith, who wasn't looking at him, quickly.

"Okay. Thank you Adonis. Next." Their teacher smiled and moved onto the next student.

After everyone introduced themselves, they jumped right into the lesson since they'd already gone over the syllabus. "This is a little different from high school." Faith thought, but she got in line and got to work. She wasn't worried about math since it is her favorite subject.

Weeks went by and they got well into their first semester in college. After their first math exam, Adonis was called in to meet with his professor before class, along with Faith.

Faith timidly knocked on her door and waited for permission to come in. She was nervous even though she'd done nothing wrong. She was the perfect student.

"Come in!" She heard and pushed the door open. Upon entering she saw her classmate, who she had developed a small crush on. It was small because she believed she didn't have a chance....that being far from the truth. "Hi Faith. How are you?"

"I'm good. How are you?"

"Great. Have a seat." She gestured towards the chair beside Adonis and in front of her desk. "So. I called you in here because I was wondering if you have a work study?"

"No ma'am. I missed the email when it was sent out." She was still annoyed with her school for having limited jobs on campus.

"Well you're in luck, if you take the job that is." Faith waited for her to continue. "You're my best student in this class. You do very well on your homework assignments, quizzes, and exams, and I was wondering if you would mind being a tutor for Adonis."

"Uh I don't know. I've never really taught someone how to do complex math. I don't know if I'd be a good teacher and I don't want to confuse him."

"You'd really be helping us out and you get paid whenever you two meet."

Faith has yet to look at Adonis, but he's been eyeing her this whole time. He has also developed a crush on Faith. There are many girls on campus that throw themselves at him and he could have anyone he wanted, but his eyes have been on Faith. He's not a shy person usually, but when it comes to her he can't bring himself to approach her.