TWO

Tumhaari Ye Aam Si Baatein,
Mujhe Bohat Khaas Lagti Hai.

MARIA AHWAAN'S POV

Going to college is such a tough job when you are as lazy as a sloth, wanting to do nothing but sleep all day. Same goes with me, but at the same time I want to study hard and make my dead parents proud of me. They worked hard for our hospital heartbeat  to reach heights and as their daughter I want to continue their legacy. Currently hero is taking care of my hospital which would be handed over to me when I am ready to handle it. I don't know how he manages to be the best gynaecologist of the country and at the same time handles heartbeat. He is best at what he does and I aspire to be like him.

My train of thoughts were disturbed by  screeching sound of our car being stopped. Looking up at hero I found him staring at front.

"Aage mat dekhna, Maria."

(Don't look at front, Maria.)

But it was already too late. Following his gaze I looked forward, to the sight in front of me. It pulled back the memories which took me years to bury them. The memories which consumed me fully, bringing back the horrors I faced in my past. The horrors which I was able to bury from the help of my family. Today, they resurfaced, making me helpless. No matter how much I try to bury my past, it always comes back, haunting me.

Flashback continues

I was scared after mama and baba left. There is no one who can save me now, I am alone. I am scared that Sara will beat me again, that she'll harm me.

Ya Allah please protect me, save me.

From the corner of my eyes I see her coming towards me and my legs have started shaking due to fear.

"Tsk.. tsk... Baby girl is alone. You are at my mercy now. No one can save you from me. I told you not to do anything to  make them feel suspicious but you didn't heard me. Did you ? Now I'll punish you so hard that you won't ever  dare to open your mouth again."

Her words chilled me to the core. Her voice held sinister vibe making me gulp in fear. I am so sacred. Not able to control my tears I started crying, tears of desperation leaking out of my eyes. Desperate to be saved from the evil women standing in front of me.

She started dragged me towards my room, holding my hair tightly making me wince in pain, pushing me on the bed with force.

I was ready for the strong blows on my back but they never came instead I saw a small silver blade in her hand. Smiling sinisterly she walked towards me, I tried running but she held me tightly and pressed the blade on my thigh making a huge cut there.

" Ahhhh....Sa-saraa n-noo.....I-i am sor-sorry.... Leave m-me pl-please... I won't d-do it a-again... Pl-please, I a-am so s-sorry...."

I sobbed, begging her to stop but she didn't. She didn't stopped untill there was nothing left in me. She made various cuts on my thighs laughing evilly hearing cries. I cried till I couldn't cry anymore. I cried till I slept of exhaustion. From that day I developed hemophobia, the fear of blood.

Flashback ends

The sight in front of me makes me shiver  upto the core. There's a man who got hit by a truck and now he is lying in his own pool of blood. It is horrifying to see him struggling for breath, making me feel nauseous seeing him.