FORTY THREE

Kabhi Kabhi Hum Thak Jaate Hai Ye Saabit Karte Karte Ki,

Beshaq Humara Tarika Galat Tha
Magar Humari Neeyat Saaf Thi...

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Entering the room after changing clothes he found Noor awake sitting on her mother's lap, her head resting over her chest who's back was set against the headrest, holding Noor close to her while she chatted animatedly with her, answering her every question.

"Abhi tak soyi nahi Noorie ?"

(You haven't slept Noorie ?)

Hearing his voice they both turned their gaze towards him with Noor having a bright smile whereas Maria with a blank look. She was in trance, watching him without blinking her eyes, as he walked towards them, clearing his throat loudly in order to snap her out of the daze which she did hearing him.

"Mama and I were waiting for you..."

"Achaa...."

(Okay...)

He smiled looking at his daughter not meeting eyes with his wife, feeling her strong gaze on himself and slipped inside the covers, caressing Noor's cheeks making her smile back in response.

"You will save us monsters. Haina baba?"

(Right ?)

Nodding lightly he kissed her forehead and closed his eyes, holding her out of habit when he felt another hand over his, belonging to his wife.

He was about to retreat his hand back when he felt a small hand hovering over both of theirs, holding them tightly; keeping them together.

"Good night Mama, baba."

Noor's cute sleepy voice vibrated inside the room.

"Good night meri jaan."

"Good night princess."

Both of them replied, finding themselves lost in deep slumber.

In the middle of the night he woke up feeling his throat parched when his eyes landed up his wife and daughter who were in deep sleep, with Noor clutching onto Maria like a small little monkey, her small hands fisting the cloth of her cotton kameez just above her stomach to insure her mother's presence with her, having a peaceful smile on her chubby face unlike the frown marring her mother's face.

Walking towards his wife's side he sat down beside her sleeping frame, running his long fingers towards her eyebrows smoothing wrinkled lines over it, taking his time to admire her sleeping form, getting surprised seeing her smile lightly sensing his touch making him smile too.

Bending forward he was about to kiss her forehead when he stopped remembering events of last night which had caused distance between them. Sighing, he got up giving her a last look before walking towards his side of bed and laid down, dozing off to sleep again.

"Bas yaar ab tum overacting kar rahi ho."

(Enough of your overacting now.)

Sitting beside her on the sofa Osama sighed dramatically watching Maria pouting unhappily, feeling bad for Sadia dadi's departure. He was sure she was acting as her along with him never got along well with Sadia dadi because of her domineering nature.

"I am not acting Osama."

She whispered softly, making him surprise seeing her serious about her statement.