FORTY NINE

Jo Dooriyon Mein Bhi Kayam Raha;
Wo Ishq Kuch Aur Hi Tha!!

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Maria..."

"Maria...."

Maria was working in the kitchen preparing breakfast for everyone when she heard Mustafa's loud voice booming inside the whole Ahwaan villa.

She felt embarassed.

Because apparently he had called her name almost ten times in the past two minutes and every worker in the kitchen was giving her shy smiles making her more red than she already was.

"Beta jaake to dekho Mustafa ko kya chahiye ?"

(Dear, go and check what does Mustafa need ?)

She was about to send a servant to him, when she saw dado entering the kitchen asking her to go upstairs, as she tried making excuse not wanting to go, feeling embarassed to face him after last night.

No, she didn't had the courage to meet his eyes after stupid stunts she pulled last night. Afterall which woman gets irritated when she is not the one to get the news about her pregnancy first ?

And not only she was being stupid, but also she had been too bold to kiss Mustafa on his chest, and made him hold her using her own freaking hands.

She was feeling like a glue who was sticking too much to her husband, feeling she was invading his personal space but she couldn't hold herself, for it had been years since she had his qurbat, and that's why she was fretting to face him, her own husband.

"Maria...."

This time dado called her, pulling her out of her thoughts to which she passed her a small apologetic smile.

"Dado, main kaam kar rahi hu, koi aur chala jaega..."

(I am doing work dado, someone else can go...)

"Ye aapka kaam nahi hai meri jaan. Aap bas jaake dekhein ki aapke shauhar ko kya chahiye..."

(This is not your work my life. You just go and check what your husband wants.)

"Par dado..."

(But.)

She groaned eying the halwa she was preparing making dado chuckle assuring her, taking charge to prepare it herself.

"Hum dekh lenge beta..."

(I'll see it.)

Taking spatula from her hand dado patted her cheeks affectionately asking her to go upstairs and help Mustafa who again had started calling her, after waiting for a span of five minutes.

"Bahut saara desi ghee daalna mat bhuliyega dado...."

(Don't forget to add lots of Desi ghee in it.)

Walking out of kitchen she ordered, leaving her grandmother a little shocked because of her ajeeb farmaish, as she previously claimed to hate desi ghee and now she was the one asking for it.

"I settled everything on the bed before coming down then why is he shouting ? What does he need now ?"

She was mumbling, wiping her hands, nervous that she had to go upstairs and face him, all the while encouraging herself to woman up and calm down.