03 | Social Suicide

Mes tristes démons, dans l'abîme sans fond

. Mes tristes démons, dans l'abîme sans fond .
. Aime-moi jusqu'à ce que les roses fanent .

♣︎

MATH ENDED RATHER QUICKLY, and once checking my schedule and who was in my class, I dully found out I didn't share AP Art with Tao, who had geometry. She was doubling up in math classes. But I did find out I shared that class with Zia, one of Tao's friends. Tao said she was like "a huge fucking bubble of sunshine and overly optimistic". And after more conversation with Tao, it seemed almost as if she was the polar opposite. Wishing goodbye to the Italian Goddess, I headed off to art.

Art seemed to be the only skill I exceed in this world. I'd been painting since I was 6. I started painting decently when I was 12 however. My friend got quite good at it, and since I was jealous I went sicko mode and did every Bob Ross painting on youtube until I was better at it. Since then I'd been using it as an excuse to procrastinate and say I have actual talent. Besides the 3 sports that I play. The art class was fairly close to math, so I reached it pretty easily. Pushing open the wooden door that creaked louder than the last, I stepped into the classroom. The first thing I noticed was how extremely fucking cold it was.

Shivering, I pulled my blazer tighter around my body. Glaring around the classroom, I found that there were plenty of open desks with an easel and canvas next to them.  Taking a seat in the very front where it was easiest to see the professor, I waited out the 5 minutes on my phone till class started. When everyone had settled down and the professor gave some quick instructions to just paint anything because it was the first day and he wanted to see our skill level, that's when the girl beside me turned to face me.

Her hair was slicked back with gel into a tight ponytail, and she was wearing bubblegum pink lipgloss and eyeshadow. Her skin was only a couple shades darker than her brown eyes, and all in all she was also the exact definition of beautiful. God, can't this school have some ugly people? Just to boost my confidence and ego a little more? 

Giving me a big smile, she outstretched her hand in my direction. "Zia Embross, nice to meet you," She said almost immediately. 

Recognization hit me like a brick as I shook her hand. "Laura, nice to meet you too. I'm guessing you're Tao's friend?"

"Yup!" She said, popping the p. "I ran into Tao in the hallway and I found out she had a class with the new girl some people were talking about in the courtyard! I just had to talk to you myself!"

Tao was right, she did seem bubbly and just overly ecstatic about being at school much too early in the morning. Despite it being 8:40. "Well, I'm glad. I was worried about not having many friends and stuff."

"Oh please, all you need to do to get friends in this school is have a lot of money and good looks. And if you're lucky just the looks part," She rolled her eyes, giving me another smile. "Looks like you've nailed both."