15 | scared of the crown

I, said if you wanna keep your face then you better keep out my way, yeah

then you better keep out my way, yeah

✂︎------------------------

I WAS paranoid. That much was obvious. The second I stepped out of the car I felt like I was being watched, which probably wasn't even happening. Savien must've noticed I was nervous, clapping her hands on my shoulders and squeezing them.

"Relax," She whispered in my ear, before skipping ahead to the entrance of the diner.

Relax? Easy for her to say. Though she was right, I did need to calm the fuck down but the mixture of my anxiety that had been suppressed by pills and my Mother telling me to 'act normal', and the paranoia, I wasn't sure if I could even do that.

I was so good at keeping my calm because I always had to. And now I felt like I was sweating, glancing around nervously as if Tao would appear with some revenge plan at the very moment.

Savien got us a large booth table furthest away from the door and counter area, sliding in. I took the seat across from her. As presumed, Sonny sat next to her and Isaia on the end. Luca slid in next to me and Reece next to him. 

"I'm starving," Sonny grumbled, opening the menu the host gave us.

"When are you not?" Isaia replied, his reply sounding bitter. But Sonny must've not noticed, because he laughed cheerfully anyway.

Glancing over at Isaia, he seemed to be hating this just as much as me. But at least he wasn't freaking out. My hands were too jittery to hold the menu without slightly shaking. Even my breathing was short and quick breaths. 

Okay, calm the fuck down Laura. You can't act like this, not in public anyway. Imagine if someone were to see how much you were panicking! You can't be the new Queen if you're scared of the crown. 

Nudging Luca's arm, I told him quietly. "Sorry, I need to go to the bathroom."

He nodded, standing up along with Reece. Sliding out of the booth, I almost walked into one of the waitress's holding a platter with our waters on it. "Sorry," I mumbled, shaking my head and hurrying away. I can't even think properly. Stepping into the bathroom, I considered splashing water on my face but realized it would mess up my makeup. Instead, I wet my hands with cold water, dried them off, and put my cold hands on my cheeks.