24 | so I'm not allowed to care?

Baby when I first met youYou caught my eye so quickWanna love you wanna hold youWanna make sure you feel the same way I feel

You caught my eye so quick
Wanna love you wanna hold you
Wanna make sure you feel the same way I feel

✂︎------------------------

"YOU'RE LATE," He noted, scowling with judgment laced in his voice as I slid into the seat across from him. He was wearing a black sweater and black sweatpants, the only thing straying from that color being the silver earring in his left ear.

I shrugged, adjusting my own red blazer as I sat down. "How unfortunate."

Isaia's eyes scanned my outfit, which was slightly, SLIGHTLY, over the top may I add. A red blazer left unbuttoned so the plain black crop top and black leggings could be seen. It wasn't a formal thousand dollar outfit containing only designer brands, but it didn't look like something that could be purchased in marshals either. In fact, the only thing that even revealed a designer brand was the Yves Saint Laurent black heels. It was extra, sure. But it was also cute so I didn't mind.

"You're rather dressed up, going anywhere after this?" He asked, and I didn't know if he was trying to make small talk to genuinely interested.

But the topic did remind me of the fact that for the first time in what seemed like years I told my Mother 'No' and actually meant it. So technically I was supposed to be going somewhere and it took a lot of my pride to go back and say "wrong number" and show up to the house anyway. "Not necessarily. But I'm sure you don't really care either."

"You're right, I don't," He replied, just as a waiter came over with a tray and two cups of some fancy coffee that had a pattern on top of it with the cream. She set the two cups down and then quickly turned and retreated. "Since you decided to be almost 30 minutes late, I had to order for you and then pretend that I wasn't being stood up and I just like sitting alone for long periods of time."

"Oh how kind of you! To risk your ego for me," I said sarcastically but adding on a thank you anyway. Since it was slowly but surely starting to become more and more awkward, I decided to just jump straight to the point. "So, now that you're here I want answers."