22 | but I missed you

Tell me something that I forgetBut you might have to tell me again

But you might have to tell me again

✂︎------------------------

I WOKE UP Saturday feeling like I had fast-forwarded 20 years into the future. It had been a while since I'd waken up having nothing planned for the day. I knew Savien was hanging out with Sonny, so I didn't even bother trying to make plans with her. Rachel was at her girlfriend's house all day apparently, so she couldn't hang out with me. And besides those two I really had no other friends.

Which meant I had the whole day to myself, or so I thought. Not even 20 minutes after I had gotten myself out of bed, my phone was ringing. My first thought was to ignore it because frankly, I don't want to talk to anyone before 12:00, but the ringing went on for 2 more minutes.

Throwing the last pillow on my newly made bed, I shuffled over to where my phone sat on the nightstand and looked at the caller id. It said caller unknown, so I decided to just ignore it as per usual. But then the caller called again. Getting frustrated, I finally answered preparing my best insult to tell this random sales clerk to fuck off.

But before I could even speak a worried voice sounded at the other end of the line. "Oh, thank God you picked up, Laura! This is Mrs. Kennith, Reece's Mom. I know it's been awhile and we've haven't seen each other for so long! But I didn't know who else to call honestly-."

Rubbing my temples, I put the phone on speaker and sat down on my bed. I didn't even know she had my number. "Hi, Mrs. Kennith," I said, trying to keep the annoyance in my voice as absent as possible. "Is there something, wrong?"

"Well, possibly," She said, pausing for a second. And in the background, I heard a sniffle, was she crying? "Reece went out late last night, and he hasn't come back or answered my calls."

I think my hearing might've stopped for a second. Before for the following minute, it was like the world had just gone silent. A high pitched hum was ringing in my ears, and I even wondered if this was what losing gravity was like. Having no sense or grasp on what was actually going on.