16 | you are officially fucked

'Cause you may think you're winning but checkmate

but checkmate

✂︎------------------------

REECE IS never rude. The last time he was rude to me was when we fought over some guy he thought I was cheating on him with. And I don't blame him, me and the guy were friends and out of nowhere he sent me a dick pic and Reece was the one to open it.

But that was the only time in all of our arguments, the many we had, that was the only time I could recall him being rude. Even when he was angry he wasn't rude. Which was surprising because I was always a bitch to him. 

Reece was respected and liked. There was no reason for anyone to hate him, much less fight him. So what did he say that triggered Isaia? What did Isaia say that triggered Reece? I could've understood why they were fighting, they never even spoke directly to each other. 

I was going to ask Luca, but the car ride was so tense and quiet and he still looked scared out of his shit. So instead I let Savien drop me off, saying goodbye to all of them and heading inside my apartment building. Once I entered the lobby, I gave a small wave to one of the Lady's who worked in the lobby.

"Oh wait, Ms. Laura," She said, beckoning me over.

Raising an eyebrow, I walked over. "Yes?"

"3 girls arrived earlier, saying they were your house cleaners so I let them up," The Lady, Beth, according to the nametag, said.

My heart sped up the instant she said, 3 girls. But it could've been my house cleaners, after all, I don't exactly know when Mother and Father send the cleaners but it's usually when I'm there. "Did they leave already?"

"Yes," Beth said, smiling at me. "I just thought to let you know."

Groaning, I rubbed my temples. "What did they look like?"

"I'm... not exactly sure of their visual appearance, Ms. Laura. Mr. Bert let them in while I was on my break and told me afterward. Why do you ask?" Who the fuck is Mr. Bert? This building has too many employees.