27 | self control

Cause if you're gonna leaveBetter leave, better do it fast

Better leave, better do it fast

✂︎------------------------

POV - Isaia

LAURA DIDN'T show up to school Monday. In fact, she didn't show up to school almost the entire week. And she didn't answer anyone's calls or texts either. It wasn't until Friday when she made an appearance.

And not... not really a good one.

Laura looked pale as if she hadn't eaten in days and stepped out of the Twilight series. She stepped out of her driver's car, wearing nothing but the normal school uniforms. No accessories or over the top shoes or bag like she usually wears. Except for a single gold necklace that was hard to see in contrast to her skin. Laura never wore anything besides pearls. I've never even seen her wear diamonds.

Laura looked like a different person. Not necessarily just her looks, the way she acted. We were sitting outside on the benches. It was fucking freezing but Ace and Cajes were apparently "protesting" the schools start times and refused to go in before the bell rang every single day of the week so far.

They already have 2 detentions for being late.

Savien basically knocked over everyone as she got up. Springing out of her seat and rushing over to Laura who looked like she was still half asleep.

"Laura! I missed you so much! Why weren't you answering your phone? Everyone tried calling you. Are you okay? You look sick, come sit down okay!" Savien rambled, grabbing Laura's arm and trying to pull her along.

Laura pulled away, leaving Savien with a confused look but following her anyway. Laura didn't say hi to anyone as she sat down. I kept trying to make eye contact but she just stared blankly at something behind me. Every time I glanced over my shoulder, no one was there.

"Laura, what's going on?" Savien asked after a short awkward silence. I'm sure that's what we were all wondering right now too.