05 | Pretty boys

and when i put up a fight

. and when i put up a fight .
. you put me back in my place .
. i thought i wasn't cut out for this race .

 ♣︎

WE ARRIVED AT THE PARTY rather quickly once finding out Sonny's house was only 5 minutes from mine. 10 since we decided to walk, couldn't have our drivers finding out we were returning drunk out of our mind on a Tuesday night, especially mine. Zia was somewhat already a little wasted since she brought a flask with her, and by the time we stepped into the mansion itself she was slurring a bit on her words. 

"Tik Tok is and forever will be better than Vine!" She announced entering the kitchen, despite the fact we ended that argument 4 minutes ago.

"Oh please, keep your drunkenness to yourself for a bit," Tao said, walking over to an ice tray with beers on it. "At least for a little while longer."

"You're such a bore," Zia sighed, hopping up on the counter and crossing one leg over another.

I stood beside her, just surveying the view into the living room where the couches had been relocated and replaced with a large open dance floor of sweaty bodies. Just the smell of mixed perfumes and colognes and different alcohols reminded me of New York. But the girls were right. Despite the drunken behavior of every teen, they were still dressed in some of their most expensive party dresses decked out in gold, silver, and diamond. I wonder how many lost designer heels and rings this Sonny guy will find in the morning.

Speaking of Sonny. "Where's this Sonny guy?" I asked, looking around even though I wasn't quite sure of what he looked like.

"No idea, he usually disappears with the boys after 20 minutes of the party starting. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't see them at all," Tao shrugged, sipping her beer.

"Well, this is boring," Brandy remarked. "Zia come dance with me!"

Zia, who had snatched up some more wine in the passing minutes gladly accepted, and they swirled their way into the crowd, Brandy's sparkly diamond dress disappearing behind the flurry of blank and white ones.

"You a dancer?" Tao asked, nudging my shoulder to get my attention.

A little grin spread across my face as I side-eyed her. "Depends what you mean, exotic or party?"

She rolled her eyes, taking another sip. "Party, dipshit. Take an educated guess."

"Well you're happy today," I replied, turning my head. "And I guess, but I'm really not trying to mess up my gorgeous heels."

Tao scoffed, but a playfull one. "Then let's go do something, this is boring."

"Like what?" I asked, following her out of the kitchen.

"Beerpong, duh. I'm a fucking Goddess at that stuff."

Smirking, I flipped my hair over my shoulder. "If you say so. But just be warned, I haven't lost a game since I was 15," Although that's only because I'm a lightweight when it came to alcohol and always went tryhard to avoid getting drunk.