16 | Bruised Apple

'Cause I've been fooled in the past

. 'Cause I've been fooled in the past .
But still I fall in love too easily
. I fall in love too fast .

POV - 3rd Person

Flashback

December 24th, 2018, Saturday

CHRISTMAS EVE WAS TODAY and despite the house being completely decked out in decorations, red, gold, silver, and green, it felt like someone had just died in the Strathen household. The Mr. and Mrs. Strathen hadn't left the comfort of their west wing, the side of the mansion they strictly stayed on. And Laura Strathen hadn't left the east wing either, she intended on never leaving that part of the house until January 2nd when she'd return to school. 

The house was brightly lit with dull lights, and the quiet that wasn't replaced by the hurrying of servents in preparation for tonight's dinner left an ear-shattering silence. Laura personally hated being alone, but she was grounded for 2 months, and the cameras that surrounded every window and door on the east wing didn't give much room for sneaking out either.

So there she was, resting upon her Queen Sized bed in pajamas she hadn't changed out of for 3 days, scrolling mindlessly through snapchat stories of people hanging out with their friends and family, instead of getting ready for tonight. In fact, the only time Laura even left her bedroom was to get some food from the nearby kitchen. Food, meaning snacks after snacks after snacks. So many cookies and chips and strawberries the trashcan was almost packed full. A weird sight for someone who had maids and butlers at her every call.

Laura's oh-so-loving parents also went as far as to replace the bodyguards with new ones, firing the other 3 just because she was out of their sight on a date for 43 minutes. Not 44, or 42, 43 exactly. Ever since the other 3 got fired and these new ones came in, she hadn't even glanced their way. You see, Laura formed a type of relationship with her original security guards, the ones she'd had for 7 years, so the fact Father fired them made her angry beyond comprehension. 

A soft knock came at the door, and Laura glanced up for half a second to see the red hair of her maid poking in. "Yes?" She asked, not moving from where she was bundled up in layers of blankets, kind of sweating her ass off but too lazy to remove them or turn up the AC.

"Mrs. Strathen requested for you to meet her in the central wing," The maid said, her voice small and nervous. She nodded her head, not giving her a proper yes or no. 

Mother had been asking Laura to come down to the central wing for 2 days, this would be her 14th time not showing up. And of course dear-old Mrs. Strathen couldn't be bothered walking all the way to the east wing just to see her daughter! That would be quite silly, right?