13 | You Aren't Important Enough

She's nice but she's not me

. She's nice but she's not me .
. She's nice but hates me .

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER PARTY. I honestly had no idea how I kept finding myself put in these type of situations. The only change was that I was the one hosting the party. I continued to hang around Leah and Ryan, and Rachel had never been more right. They and their huge group of friends followed me around like a puppy on a leash. It was starting to have an effect though, on everyone. Which was also starting to worry me. I knew the quicker I grew in popularity, the more suspicious Tao would get, more suspicious than she already was. 

But today was Friday, and it was time to push the first button on my rise to success in this school. I'd climb them like an elevator, passing them like they were strangers. I had to do this as secretive but obvious as possible. Going to extra length to make red envelopes closed with a gold sticker. I had a total of 25 letters. One to Tao, Brandy, Zia, Isaia, Sonny, Ace, Cajes, Leah, Ryan, and the other 16 were just their little followers. I didn't invite the whole grade, and I certainly made sure to exclude some of Ryan and Leah's friends to make it seem more selective. I'd hold these parties once a week. Or gatherings. Some days I'd invite Leah but not Ryan. Some days Ryan but not Leah. Some times neither of them but all their friends. It would quickly get me some popularity if everyone wanted to be there.

But it also had to be popular. I needed everyone to know about it which is why I planned to give it to them during lunch or the beginning of the day. A time where everyone was around and everyone would know. And I needed drama to happen to which is why I invited Yasmin. According to the none-stop bitching Ryan had done throughout the week, she hates Yasmin, Leah's good friend, because Yasmin fat shames her and other stuff. Disgusting if you ask me, insulting someone's physical features that they struggle or cannot change it the most awful thing you could do. I hadn't talked to Yasmin much, just quick hellos and walking with each other in the hallway when Leah was around, which is why it would be such a big deal to invite her.

I was hoping some type of feud could happen during the party, and I probably wouldn't be disappointed because Yasmin never missed a chance to insult Ryan during lunch. Readjusting my red headband and applying another coat of dark red lipstick, I checked the time. Deciding it was an appropriate time to leave.

My driver was waiting outside, and we didn't conversate as he drove me to school. Waiting out front, as usual, was Zia and Tao. I would give them the envelopes now, but there weren't enough people around.

"Laura, you look extra today," Tao looked me up and down before turning to walk with me to the courtyard. An area where 90% of the school would go before the first period.

"Just dressing the part," I commented, not continuing on the idea when they both shook their head and sent me a questioning look.

In the courtyard, there were multiple large trees, some had swings hanging down and a bench near it. Besides the benches and picnic tables, there wasn't much else. Sitting at one of the tables was Ace and Cajes alone. Sitting down, Tao closed the book Ace was reading.