29 | the good kind of selfish

No ashes here, no dustThis moment is forever

This moment is forever

✂︎------------------------

LOOKING BACK out the open window, I really wished I kissed him.

So I did.

There were a lot of things I never got out of life, despite how inexperienced in the whole "living" thing I am. There were a lot of things I'd never get in my future, a lot of choices I wouldn't get to decide myself, a lot of wishes I'll never get to grant.

So am I really that greedy for wanting at least one of those things? Probably.

My brain was moving 1 million miles per hour. And I don't know how I didn't trip as I stumbled out of the classroom, following Isaia.

He was shuffling slowly down the hallway, thankfully still in sight. He turned at the sound of the loud creaky door opening. So before I pussied out, I grabbed his wrist.

Stretching up and placing my lips upon his.

Before I go in too much depth, there are a lot of things I would like to cover as I kissed him at that moment. 

Number 1, I hope to fucking God this was the right choice because if it turns out he didn't want me to kiss him and I did without consent I'd be out of this school in no time due to pure embarrassment. 

Number 2, what did I just do.

Number 3, oh my God, I just did that.

And finally, number 4. That was certainly the right choice.

I don't think I've ever thought about what it would be like kissing Isaia. Or any boy for that matter, those things just never crossed my mind. Especially recently. So I didn't have any expectations or some big idea of what it would be like. But that didn't stop me from automatically raising the standard for any future guy 120% once our lips connected.

I thought it would be awkward, in fact, the only reason I probably rushed this so much was that I knew it would be awkward and I didn't want to overthink it. But it wasn't.

He reacted almost immediately as if he was the one that kissed me while I stood still somewhat stunned at my own actions. People in movies and books always talk about the way someone tastes. Like they taste like mint, or hot dog, or fucking rose petals for all I care. But I also never thought too much into that either. It wasn't like the boy I was kissing was a meal, so as long as his breath didn't smell like shit I frankly, didn't care.

But Isaia must've downed 8 bottles of mouthwash, brushed his teeth with mint toothpaste for 10 minutes, then ate the leftover toothpaste, and finished it off with a nice bar of soap and an entire pack of mint gum. I might as well done that myself from how... clean he just tasted.

His arm wrapped around my waist, and he had to bend down so I wasn't breaking my toes. I also always assumed he would be more... aggressive? But his touches were so gentle. I couldn't tell if I was just imagining his arm on my waist or if it was actually there.

The kiss was slow, once we both relaxed and actually processed what was going on. And it wasn't the type of kiss you do that immediately kickstarts the need for sex. 

It was just... simple. 

A reassuring one, the type you'd give your lover on your 1 year anniversary. It didn't feel like we needed more, it didn't feel like we wanted more. It felt like we'd been waiting for so long and now that we were finally... doing this... we wanted to savor the moment.

It was the type of kiss you see in a Disney princess movie. Soft, gentle, tender, perfect.

I didn't want it to end, but at the same time, I didn't even process that I was slowly running out of air either.

My eyes fluttered open as we pulled away, just looking at each other. Even the eye contact that was a bit too... contact-y... didn't feel awkward.

I just kissed Isaia Woods, and he kissed me back.

Being the first to break the silence, he murmured with a small smile upon his face. "Sonny's having a birthday party tomorrow at our place. You should come."

"Maybe I will."

Song Of The Chapter: cigarette - offonoff

THIS IS SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER BUT I WANTED TO MAKE IT IT'S OWN THING. I wanted to like... you know... drag it on even more but it's been like a whole fucking book and a half and they haven't even kissed so i stopped being annoying and made it happen.

GOD THEY ARE SO CUTE BYE-

Also I keep getting messages from bootleg "publishing companies" 😭 girl i would NEVER make people pay to read my books. Paying to read books on wattpad is so annoying I could never 😳

thank god Isaia has lips. If he didn't 😰 how would he get a kiss kiss? Very ugly 🤢 no kiss for him!

Anyway.......... . .. .. . hOPE YOU GUYS ARE HAPPY NOW I MADE THEM KISSY KISSY...

Hope you guys enjoyed, much love - kujiis