22 | She Is Temporary

'Cause you're that lace-trimmed dangerOne day you'll be the face of a stranger

One day you'll be the face of a stranger

♣︎

POV - Isaia

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?" Tao's too loud. And the way she wants to be in control of everything but can't even control her own damn emotions is tiring.

"No, I'm not listening. It'd be easier to do that if you shut the fuck up and talked without squeaking every two seconds," I snapped back.

We do this every day after school. Every day since she turned me liking any girl ever into a game. And now it's year 12 and the game isn't fun anymore. But she won't give it up. She's a child and I'm sure everyone is sick of it.

She didn't hesitate to bring her hand across my cheek. It stung, but only for a second. I was used to it. Pointing a finger in my face, she grabs my jaw and snaps my head up to look at her. "This year is not the year to messing around, Isaia. Everything was going to plan until you stopped caring. Do you want some lowlife stuck up bitch to take our place in this school?"

"She doesn't even have a chance at doing that," I reminded her.

Pulling away, Tao starts pacing back and forth. "Of course she does. She already has her own little posse of followers that are far more scared of her than us. She has her own little gathering that everyone wants to be at more than our parties because it's exclusive or whatever the fuck. She's so good at hiding everything, I don't even know what she's hiding. She shows no real emotion, you can't even tell if she's lying because of it, and not only do people fear her but they love her."

"Maybe if you stopped being so obvious this wouldn't be happening."

"Obvious?"

"Yes, Tao, obvious. You make your feelings, when you're lying, and when you want to get information on her so obvious. She already doesn't trust any of us anymore because you were so stupid as to make Brandy search her bedroom at Laura's own party," I shrugged. "You used to be so good at that stuff."

"And you? You're not making it any easier. Than plan wouldn't have gone to shit if you could've just kept her busy," Tao practically screamed.

"She's not an idiot like the rest of the girls!" I screamed back, rubbing my eyes. "She's actually smarter than you for once, and even the guys know that. Your little tricks aren't fooling anyone but yourself. If anything, I would be rather happy if she took your place in this school."

Standing up to leave, Tao grabbed my arm. "Take that back Woods," She was going to cry, and I didn't care.

"I can't. It's true," Tao released my arm, slapped me once more because that's the only way she knows how to respond to being angry, and pointed towards the door.

"Get the fuck out!"

"I was already leaving."

It took a total of 2 hours and 47 minutes for Tao to call me

It took a total of 2 hours and 47 minutes for Tao to call me. I timed it. I was with Cajes, Sonny, and Ace when she called in the middle of GTA. Glaring at the ringing phone, I tried to think of all the possibilities that would happen if I didn't pick up. She'd definitely hit me some more, and then maybe cry until she got another migraine so I'd have to bring her inside and let her lay down to rest with some Advil. And then probably try to guilt me into apologizing, and I probably would so she'd leave faster. And as the cherry on top, she'd definitely compliment me on things that weren't true. But all of that seemed tiring, and I was too tired as it was from the fight earlier.

"I gotta get this," I said, setting down the controlling and grabbing my phone.

"Technically, you don't," Cajes commented.

"I agree. I thought you guys ended whatever was going on between you anyway?" Sonny glanced at me before pausing the game.

Snorting, Ace elbowed Sonny. "I thought they ended that last year. I guess it's true love."

Going into the hallway, I answered the call. "What do you want?"

"I'm sorry, baby," Tao whined, sniffing. It was all an act and it was getting repetitive and boring.

"Tao, we've been through this. Nothing is ever going to happen between us, ever. You're obsessed."

"No. You love me and I love you, don't lie to yourself."

"Tao-."

"I order new lingerie the other day. It's black and lace-trimmed, you're favorite. I'll need an opinion on it because I'm not sure if I like it or not, maybe you'd want to stop by soon?"

"..."

"Don't try to lie to yourself anymore, Isaia. We both know what you want, stop resisting."

And then she hung up.
And then I said bye to the guys.
And then I drove to her place.
And then I made the same mistake all over again because maybe she's right.
Maybe I was lying to myself, or maybe I was lying to her by ringing the doorbell and stepping into that house.
But it's only high school, and it's only a game.
She's just temporary. 

Song Of The Chapter:

So I know I haven't posted in around a month. But I've had writer's block and I felt really discouraged to keep writing because the reads, comments, and votes on the story were going down by a ton. And I know it's not all about stats but I felt like either people didn't like the story and as if there wasn't a point in posting if no one would see it.

But then I realized, oop, I don't actually care that much because I've spent so much time planning and writing this story I'm going to finish it either way.

BUT, that doesn't mean you shouldn't add this to your list, vote, and comment ;)))

Question time!

1: How did you like this chapter?
2: Were you surprised by Tao and Isaia's relationship or not really?
3: Any changes or ideas for future parts?