08 | A Party for the Privileged

I wake up feeling like you won't play right

. I wake up feeling like you won't play right .
. I used to know, but now that shit don't feel right .
. It made me put away my pride .

♣︎

I AWOKE WITH A SMASHING MIGRAINE, and I felt like I was constantly going in and out of focus. Something, it had to be something I drank yesterday. Not even 10 shots of vodka could get me the way I was feeling now, and I know that from personal experience. Tao, Brandy, and Zia left for school 2 hours earlier, but I couldn't get myself to climb out of bed. Not even for an Advil or glass of water. After more throwing up, Brandy came to the conclusion I was probably drank something that was spiked with some harsh drug I'm not used to, saying that it happened to her last year of some random party and she threw up so much in one day every time she even drank water it would come back up a couple of minutes later.

When the clock hit 11, I finally pushed myself up and into the shower. My parents would physically walk down here and beat my ass if I didn't show up to school, so showing up late seemed better than not going at all. My uniform was in the wash, so I had to fish out the backup version, which was also wrinkled and tighter than the original. I put double the effort into my makeup and hair than I did yesterday, not saying it looked better it just took more effort to do. Besides a red headband like yesterday and slip-on heels with a pearl necklace, I didn't wear much else. Not even over the top makeup. 

I called my driver to pick me up, which he did and dropped me off to school 15 minutes later.

"Thanks," I told him, slamming closed the door. Right now it was the middle of lunch, and since I didn't eat breakfast I was starving. 

I had to sign in and sadly the late was added to my record, but they didn't mention the fact that I looked hungover as fuck. Most of the kids probably did anyway. I found the girls at the same table as yesterday.

"I'm surprised you showed up," Tao commented, glancing my way for half a second, a set bored expression on her face. "After last night and all..."

"If Zia can, so can I," I said, shrugging. "Did I miss much?"

"Nope, besides the usual," Brandy commented, pushing around her salad. "Turns out Jessie caught her boyfriend Daniel having sex with some girl."

Memories of the two randoms having everlasting sex in the bedroom outside the bathroom, and me having to risk my eyesight and ability to not throw up just to leave flashed over me in a wave of nausea. Trying not to barf again, I took a sip of the water bottle I brought to school with me.

"Ugh, he's such a skank. I'm not surprised though," Tao rolled her eyes.

"I feel bad for Jessie, honestly. She was such a good girlfriend," Zia sighed.

"She'll get over it and move on to the next guy, Zia. No reason to feel bad for a whore," Tao scoffed, eyeing her perfectly manicured acrylics.

"Tao! No need to be so negative all the time," Brandy slapped Tao's hand away from where she was reaching out to snatch a carrot from her.