21 | do I look like a cat person to you?

Do you realize I love the way you look me in my eyes?

✂︎------------------------

POV - Laura

I'M SURPRISED we haven't been kicked out yet.

Within 10 minutes after we entered the bar, Sonny and Luca are already arguing like idiots over whether the Harry Potter series is better or worse than the Percy Jackson one. I'd never read Percy Jackson or finished the Harry Potter series because Harry's attitude in the 5th book was pissing me off, but I can assure you that neither of their points in the argument made much sense.

Ace and Cajes were already preforming the 3rd arm wrestle of the night as if Ace got any stronger in the 3 minutes that passed from the last one. Savien was typing furiously on her phone the essay that she just realized she never turned in and was due at 11:59 tonight, while Isaia stood behind her. Every once in a while I heard him say "don't say that" or "are you even sure you can speak English, this doesn't make any sense." And then Savien would roll her eyes, agree, and continue typing away.

I myself, was watching with a soft smile on my face that was barely there, at the crowd in front of me I could consider friends. During the events of tonight, my perspective on "friends" didn't really change. Friends are allies, allies aren't friends, and best friends are the people you'd die for.

Nothing that happened tonight changed the way I saw that, but it did make me realize something. These people were friends. Not allies, not acquaintances, friends. And as each second passed their bond only seemed to grow stronger. Especially with Luca and Sonny, which surprised me as I thought Luca would hate everyone from what happened the years before. And Sonny seemed like the type to either flirt with everything that walked or keep to the people he's known for years. So I didn't think he and Luca would become so close so fast.

Unlike the first day, we all sat at the cafeteria table and the conversation was still somewhat separated, everything today seemed to flow nicely. Every once in awhile Savien would perk her head up to announce that Cajes needed to keep his elbow on the table. And Luca would point something out on Savien's phone that she would change once again.