Authors Q&A

Thank so much for all the love with this book! Here are some questions asked by you guys and some questions I just want to answer that probably no one was wondering or asked :)

Q1: How did you get the idea for The Materialists/Dynasty?

A: Honestly, I don't even remember. I used to read tons of books on Wattpad with the whole "rich girl rich guy" idea. So I always liked that genre of romance books. Also, the song, Materialistic by Scumflower, was one of the biggest inspirations for the name and aesthetic of this book. And... I guess you could say I, as the author am also pretty materialistic. I'm a huge shopaholic but a broke one too LOL so I guess I wanted to write about the "luxury" life I wish I had.

Q2: Do Sonny and Savien end up together?

A: Yes! I never thought too much into their relationship but I always loved them together. I kind of wanted to make a sequal type thing but with their kids if that makes sense :) Let me know if you'd guys like that!! But yeah, I always imagined them like highschool sweethearts. 

Q3: Did everyone lose contact after high school?

A: At least from the way I imagined it, Laura and Savien stay best friends and end up moving to New York together after college. Sonny and Isaia stay friends. Cajes still talks to the guys but moves to France. Same thing with Ace but I imagined him moving to Canda. Idk why he just looks like the type to move to Canda-. Tao, Brandy, and Zia aren't friends, but I imagined them maturing and moving on from what happened in high school. And Reece and Luca go off and do their thing, falling out of touch with high school friends

Q5: Does Laura ever break ties with her parents?

A: They are still in contact but she doesn't let them control her life anymore.

Q5: Sequal?

A: There IS a sequel, except the characters are different as it focuses on Mrs. Strathen's life before Laura. When Mrs. Strathen first met Mr. Strathen and etc.

And that book will ALAS have more smut because the characters aren't minors!!

Q6: How did you get the idea for Laura's personality?

A: In all honesty, I feel like her personality traits are mine but deepend. I feel like her whole relationship with Reece was like how I feel in my own relationships- since (secret secret I'm kind of noncommital sorry). But also the song again, Materialistic. There is this one line in the song "The me I loved but forgot how to be". I guess it just inspired me to make Laura someone who doesn't really know herself. Alters her "personality" depending on the situation and place. I also wanted to make a strong female lead, because I read one book where the main character was trying to "destroy" the "kings" of the school but she basically got walked all over and used and it just made me mad. I wanted my character to be the one stepping on everyone else despite how brutal that is.

 I wanted my character to be the one stepping on everyone else despite how brutal that is

If you have any more questions I'll answer them in the comments!

Don't forget to check out book 3 - The Avaricious, or maybe my latest books -- Darling, Come Water the Flowers  & Delirium if you're looking for something a bit different instead :)

Anyway.... hope this wraps up some lose ends, much love Kujiis.