02 | this is the GIRLS bathroom

And I keep to myselfFuck with no one elseAnd I know it's my fault but I don't care

Fuck with no one else
And I know it's my fault but I don't care

✂︎------------------------

STUMBLING, I forced myself up. All I could think about was how it was too soon, and how I was far from ready. Confrontation wasn't something I enjoyed, which is another reason everything I've ever done at this school so far was deeply planned out to avoid that. I liked to make sure if anything went wrong it wouldn't be traced back to me. So now, after I'd ignored all of his calls, all of his texts, and blocked him, I sure as hell didn't want to be in this position.

I'm sure everyone was confused, but I tried to keep a straight face as I left. Once in the hallway, I heard the footsteps from behind me. Keep walking, keep walking, I told myself.

"Laurene!" And there it was. That voice.

"Her names Laurene?" I heard a feminine voice follow up.

"Not now, Savien."

I sped up my walk to a run, not looking back as I pushed into the girls bathroom. My heart was racing, even faster than before. Maybe I was wrong, maybe I was stressed at all before just preparing for this moment because maybe somehow my mind knew Reece was here and didn't think to warn me. Locking myself in the stall, I forced deep breathes in and out. But my chest felt like it was closing up and I just couldn't control myself. Why didn't anyone tell me? Why didn't he tell me?

Because you blocked him, dumbass.

The bathroom opened, and I closed my hand over my mouth trying to make the sounds of me half dying while crying less obvious. I pulled my legs up so no one would see my feet from under the stall, but it didn't matter. The knock on the stall, my stall, was more like a light tap.

"Laurene, I-I tried to tell you but you-," His voice cracked and I let out another muffled cry.

Breathe you stupid bitch, how insecure and emotionally unstable are you?

He already knew I was in here, and it's not like I could keep ignoring him. "Can we just talk? Please," He asked, stepping back.

I took a deep breath, taking out my phone and using the toilet paper to fix my makeup to the best of my ability before unlocking the door and stepping outside of the stall.

And there he was. Looking almost the same from when I left. Floppy brown hair parted in the middle, dark brown eyes, tanned skin with pink on his cheeks that never fade. All in all, he was...perfect? I need to stop using that word. He was beautiful. And that made me mad because it's always harder to say no to a cute face. He's a literal puppy.

"Talk," I pushed, crossing my arms.

Reece looked me over, and maybe he saw something he hated because I swear his eyes grew darker. "You look... different."