21 | You Should Be Scared

I came back to let you knowGot a thing for you and I can't let go

Got a thing for you and I can't let go

"LAURENE?"

I felt like I was slowly losing air. This was it, the voice I'd been longing to hear for so long. If this is what I'd been wanting, why did I feel so alone? Why did I feel like I had to get far away from him? Moving seemed almost impossible, so I didn't move. I sat there on the couch, my hands shaking and forehead sweating. I knew he could hear me breathing, even Jesus Christ himself could probably hear from the way I was deeply panting like I couldn't store the air I was inhaling.

"Laurene, I-. I'm glad you called," I heard him move around in his bed, probably trying to understand why the hell I'd called him. 

For that, I didn't know myself. But I just went against everything I pledged I wouldn't do. He broke up with me. I can't forget that. I loved him and he ended it. It's his fault. It's his fault. 

"Sorry, wrong number."

It felt so wrong saying that, but I couldn't control myself and that's the last thing I needed right now. I needed full control over my thoughts and actions, especially at this stage in life, I didn't have the choice to fuck up. Looking at my phone, who was still opened in his contact, I scrolled down staring at the red block button.

"Get yourself together, Laura," I whispered to myself, blocking him and shutting off my phone. Wiping away my tears, I stood up and quietly made my way to the front entrance. Outside, my driver was still waiting.

"I thought dinner ended later?" He asked, but didn't object when I nodded my head and opened the car door.

Get yourself together. This is not how someone of your class acts. Mother would be disappointed.

Monday felt different, the atmosphere felt different

Monday felt different, the atmosphere felt different. The Instagram post had blown up beyond imaginable, the number of shares, likes, and comments prooved that. Along with Yasmin and Ryan spamming the accounts DMs begging them to remove the video. Rachel and I didn't reply to anyone or anything. Leaving people clueless as to what happened, besides what was shown on the video. I felt so powerful even if they didn't know it was me who posted the video.