15. Diwali Preparations

After mummy, keerti and Neeta maa left to the market Siddharth and Anshul start decorating fairy lights on the roof. I was in the lawn, collecting flowers and leaves for the garlands.

I really love to do the preparation for Diwali. This is my favorite festival. I mean who don't love making rangoli, garlands and decorate the whole house with lights, flowers and candles.

I took a needle and white thread and started making flowers Garland.

In whole family mummy is closed to me. We don't share relationship where I can share my thoughts with her but she is always there for me when I failed in any exam or papa scolded me without any reason.

I never share my thoughts with anyone and no one like to share their thoughts with me or they thought I am not mature enough to give any kind of advice to anyone. So I make my distance to anyone. I am self reserved kind of person.

My family loves me and I love them too but at some point I find myself alone. May be the lack of confidence or I didn't do anything to make them noticed me like Shivani di and Anshul.

No one knows how hard my high school for me. No one knows I got bullied from my own cousin and her friends. No one knows what happened with me at my prom. No one knows how it's feel to being judged without doing anything wrong.

No one knows how much I cried when I watched '13 reasons why' when I found myself at Henna Baker. How my high school affect my college life and may be my whole life.

No one knows these sides of my life, not even kshama. I don't want to share this to anyone.

I was very embarrassed when mummy scolded me in front of Siddharth. What will he think about me that I forgot such a small thing. This is the first time when I encouraged myself to like someone who may be like me the same way as I like him. When we talked first time and he told me everything about him without caring that I could be judge him. I liked his honesty and I don't know why I feel like Siddharth will not judge me for my stupidity.

But I don't know what will he think after today. I facepalmed myself and groan.

"Preeti...Preeti..." My chain of thoughts broke by Anshul when he shouted my name from terrace.

"What..?" I replied from lawn while piecing the flower and slide it down on thread.

"Come to the backyard.." He shouted again from the tarrice.

I put garlands on the table and walk to the backyard pf our house. I looked up from the ground. Siddharth is standing beside Anshul. He was leaning to the railing while putting his both hands on it and looked at me.

We both looked at eachother. Our eyes locked holding each other's gaze. His face glowing more under the sunlight. I don't know how longer we both looked at each other until Anshul called me again.

"Preeti...Preeti" Anshul shouted my name.

I looked at him with a jerk.

"Huh..what.." That was all I managed to say.

"Where are you looking at. You can drool Sid jiju later." Blood rushed to my face.

He caught me red handed. This is so embarrassing.

hhhuuuhhh....

Siddharth turn his back to me to hide his smile.

"I'm going to switch on the lights and tell me which one isn't glowing." He said to me and then went to switched on the light.

Siddharth turned his face again to my side and looked at me but this time I tried hard not look at him but his gaze boring holes in me.

Few minutes later lights glow. Anshul walked back to the railing and looked at the lights.