41. Sharing my lunch with him

Preeti's Point of view

I need some papers copy for meeting so I make my way to the photocopy room.

After taking out copy of every paper I put them in a conference room and make my way to my desk but someone hold my hand and pulled me into a dark room and put hand on my mouth to suppress my scream.

I can't see anything in dark. I can tell some masculine figure is holding me tightly. He pushed me to the wall and my legs automatically step back with his push.

My back is touching to the wall and a masculine figure is holding me tightly against the wall. Many questions are running in my mind. Is that some kind of molester who wanted to rape me. I was so afraid. I wanted to get out in this room. I started struggling to free myself from him.

"Shhhhh...Preeti, it's me." I relieved, hearing Siddharth's voice.

The only source of light is a small window on the upper wall. My eyes adjust in the dark and I can see coffee brown deep eyes looking at me.

"Mmmmmm....mmmm.." I gestured him to remove his hand from my mouth but he didn't understand what I'm trying to say to him.

"Mmmmm.......mmmmm...." I tried once more then realization hits him and he removed his hand from my mouth and step back to give me some space to get back my breath.

"Why do you pull me here?" I asked him when I get my breath back.

"Who is he?" He asked me angrily.

"Who?" I asked him confusingly.

"That boy, who is flirting with you since morning?" He asked me while fisted his hands.

"Kartik is working here. He is my colleague." I said.

"Don't act innocent. You know what I mean. Is he your boyfriend? Do you love him?" He asked me while taking a step towards me.

A wave of hurt passing through my heart. Tears are threatening to escape from my eyes. How he could think such low to me. He was the person who know me so well. He know I can't love to anyone except him. How he could think such low to me. Hurt is clearly visible in my eyes. It felt like accusing me for a crime which I never did and person who blame me for the crime is so close to my heart. I cover my hurt soon and replace it with a blank face.

"It's not your concern." I said while turning my head from him.

He clenched his jaw and put his both hand beside my head and caged me between him and wall. I turn my head towards him.

"Everything about you is my concern." He said while leaning his face close to me and look into my eyes.

"Why..?" I asked him, looking at him with same rage.

He didn't say anything.

"Because I can't see you in any trouble." He said softly. I can see concern in his eyes for me.

But why?

Why he do care about me. I am nothing to him. He doesn't love me. Then why is he showing his concern to me.

"I don't believe you can think me such low. I thought you know me well." I whispered bending my head lower to hide my glossy eyes.

"I'm sorry. I was so angry to saw him close to you." He said while putting his one hand on my waist and caressing my cheek with her his other hand.

"Preeti please stay away from him. He is a bad news." He said.

"He is just my colleague, not even my friend. I talk to him because he works here." I said looking at him.