39. My new boss

One month later

Preeti's Point Of View

Monsoon is start. Whether is changing slowly. Humidity is increasing in the wind and make people sweaty and sticky.

I was in my office sitting on my table, doing my work.

"Preeti.." Mr. Methew called me, walking towards my desk.

"Yes sir, you want something.." I said while getting up from my seat.

"Congratulate me dear." Mr Matthew said with a broad smile on his face.

"Okey, congratulations sir." I said confusingly.

"Don't you ask me, why I'm so happy." Mr. Methew said.

"Why sir." I asked.

"I have been transferred to the London branch. Now I'm able to live with my daughter." He said with a smile.

"Is that mean I lost my job after you will get your transfer." I said looking worriedly to him. I need this job to pay my loan.

"Oo..no..no dear. I just come here to tell you that the C.E.O of this company come here from U.S.A to handle some project. So from next week you will work for him." He said with a smile. I sigh in relief.

"But why sudden transfer." I asked.

"A year ago, I requested to the owner that I wanted handle London branch but that time this company is new in India so it need attention of the experienced man so he rejected my request but now this company is stable here perfectly and one of the reputed MNC company of India. This time he himself granted my request and come here to check the progress report and handle some important projects." He said.

"Okey sir.." I said with a smile.

"Preeti..I want Mittal motors file in my cabin." He said while walking towards his cabin.

I nodded my head and take out mittal motors file from the drawer and walk to Mr. Methew's cabin to give him his file.

There is gossip in whole office about the C.E.O arrival. I heard some gossips that he is one of the most successful C.E.O in business world at very young age. He is also count one of the arrogant boss who fired his employees just one mistake.

I cursed myself why all the time my bosses are arrogant and jerk. I will do my work perfectly that he will not get a chance to snapp out on me or fire me. This job is really important for me.
............................................................................

Week passed in a blur and I don't know when Monday is arrive of next week. Mr. Methew will be going London today's evening flight. I prepared all the arrangements of his journey and after three days I will work for my new boss.

I checked the time it's already lunch time. I don't have appeti to eat anything but I have to eat something because today I skip my breakfast and if I will not eat my lunch I have to hold my grumbling stomach till dinner.

I closed my computer and about to open my lunch box when Anisha, my colleague came to me.

"Hii..Preeti.. what are you doing?" she said coming to my desk.

I closed my lunch box and look at her.

"Nothing.." I said giving her a small smile. She looked at my lunch box and then me.

"Let's go to cafeteria. Today have lunch with me." She said with a smile.

"No, that's fine. I'll eat here." I said.

"Come please..I wanted to talk to you something important." She said while holding my hand and dragging me to cafeteria.

We both settle on a corner seat beside the window.