28. Diwali celebration

Sid's Point of view

'Aaachhooo....' I sneezed.

"Bless you.." Preeti said. I gave her a small smile.

'Aaachooo...' This time Preeti sneezed. I chuckled softly.

"Bless you to you too.." I said focusing on road.

"Seems like we both catch cold." She said.

"Yeah..I guess.." I said while turn on the heater full.

The ride was very silent. Songs are playing in a very low volume. Rain is stop now and we caught on a little traffic because police clearing the road, which is blocked by fallen trees on a road, with the help of local people.

It's past midnight. I turn my head to look at Preeti and she fall asleep. She looks like an angel in a red suit and a slightly wet hair which fallen on her face.

My head is aching badly. It's felt like someone is playing drum inside it and every part of my body is aching in pain. After half an hour We reached the village and I parked the car in a driveway of our house. I look at Preeti and she is still sleeping.

First I thought not to disturb her sleep and carry her in my arms and take into the house but I rejected the idea because everyone is maybe awake and waiting for us and when Preeti will come to know that I carry her in my arm in-front of others she will be embarrass.

"Preeti..." I called her.
...

She didn't give any response.
....

"Preeti..." I called her again. But she didn't give any response this time also. So I tap on her cheeks.

Some strains of her hair falling on her face and I have a urge to pull them back so I tucked the strands behind her ear and admire her beauty. She opened her eyes slowly with frowning eyebrows. Our gaze met. She adjust in her seat and I pulled back little.

"When we reached?" She asked looking around.

"Just five minute ago.." I said and rubbed my forehead with my right hand.

"Are you alright..?" She asked me with a concerned.

"Yeah..just have a little head ach, Low pressure weather didn't suit me. It sucks." I said still rubbing my forehead with my thumb and fingers.

'Aacchhooo..' I sneezed again. I pull the tissue paper from tissue box and rub my nose, then I fell a soft hand on my forehead. I turn my head to Preeti. She checked my forehead by putting her hand then put her hand on my neck checking my temperature.

"You are burning, you had fever and you said it's just a head ach." She said worriedly.

"Preeti, I'm fine. I just need a sleep and by the morning I will be fit and fine." I said looking at her.

"I'll prepare a hot shower for you and bring you a hot soup with medicines. Drink it like a good boy I don't want to argue on this." She said with full of authority.

I got a little shock at her tone. When realization hit her, she looked at me with wide shocked eyes. I chuckled softly and she turned into a pink shade and lower her head.

Before I could say anything to her, front gate of the house opened and Aditya walked out from the gate. Preeti look at Aditya and open the door of the passenger seat and step out. I take the khaki packet of medicine with me and opened the door and step out from the car. Preeti directly went into the house without say anything.

"Is everyone awake?" I asked Aditya while walking towards him.

"Yeah..everyone is waiting for you guys and tayi ji had a pain in her knees so she can't sleep." He said while walking with me towards the house.