67. The First Night

Preeti's point of view

The wedding night is the precious night of every couple. Groom make love with his bride and seal their souls with love.

If the couple are in love, a husband expects her wife that she will feel the same love and attraction towards him like he feels for her and i know Siddharth is expecting the same from me.

I was sitting in mid of his bed in my bridal lehenga, raising my knees and putting my hands around them. The lights in the room is dim, mixing with the darkness. Scented candles are litting with the floating candles in the bowel of water with rose petals also floating in, giving the romantic feel.

It's been fifteen minutes keerti and Emily left me in the room, and i was sitting here with my racing heart, waiting for my husband to arrive.

Few minutes later the door knob of the bedroom door twisted and Siddharth step inside the room.

My heart beat increased and i am started feeling nervous. I can see him through my vail when he looked at me with love. I lowered my eyelids and bow my head.

He closed the door and locked it. I heard the footsteps coming towards me and then bed dipped few inch away from me and i know he was sitting in front of me.

"Hey..wify.." He whispered.

He shifted little and sit closer to me that my knees are touching to him

It was like i forgot to speak, words are stuck in my throat hearing his mesmerizing voice. I didn't say anything and sit there while lowering my head.

My heart beat started beating faster and i fisted my lehnga when he started raising my vail from my face. I didn't have a courage to meet his intense eyes so I keep my eyelids lower.

I felt butterflies in my stomach when he took my hand from my knees and removed the fist. I felt sweat in my palms due to nervousness.

He raised my hand up to his lips and kissed at the back of my hand.

"Finally I get a chance to be alone with my beautiful wife and adore her beauty. " he said while making small circles with his thumb at the back of my hand.

He raised my chin with his forefinger and thumb to make me look at him. I raise my eyelids up and meet with his beautiful coffee brown eyes.

"You are the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. I know it might be sounds cliche but it's true and i am very glad you are mine." He whispered.

I felt warmth in my cheeks and i blushed under his love filled eyes.
I lower my eyelids again, can't meet with his heated gaze.

He took out a red velvet box from the bedside table and sit close to me. He opened the velvet box and i saw a pair of bangles. He took them out from the box and put the box at the bedside table.

"This is your wedding gift from me." He whispered while taking my hand in his.

I felt a spark when he took my hand in his and make me wear the bangles in my both hands. I put them again on my knees after he made me wear bangles.

"Keerti told me about some ritual to find my name in your henna hand. Is that true?" He asked me with a soft chuckle try to make me comfortable.

A small smile came on my face and I nodded my head.

My bangles tickling when he took my both hands in his and look at my henna hands try to find his name in it.

He narrowed his eyes, try to look hard and the dim lights in the room making hard for him to find it.