49. His pain

Sid's point of view

"Isha let him go." Ramesh uncle said while looking at me fatherly.

I nodded my head and sit in my car. After ignited the engine i pull the accelerator hard and leave from there towards Delhi with full speed.

I have been driving continuously for two and half hours and now i am at the outskirts of Ghaziabad. Roads are clear so It will take only one hour for me to reach Delhi.

As i reached Ghaziabad i stopped the car at grocery store and bought a soft drink with a mint flavor to remove the alcohol smell from my mouth. I don't want, Preeti will get any wrong idea about me.
......................................................................

Preeti's Point of view

It has been nearly a month since Siddharth left for New York. I never thought i miss him so much. I started trust him but he leave me again and i know this time he will never come. But when he said he will come my heart wanted to believe his every word. My heart says he will come but i don't want to live in any false hpe.

Tears drop from my eyes. I don't know it was because i am Chopping the onion or my heart is crying for him. I wiped my tears with a back of my hand and continue my job.

I talked kshama about him and told her everything about him. She firstly got angry but later understand my situation. She also think that i should have take time to reach any decision.

I added some spices in gravy. Today i was making a shahi paneer and moong dal halwa. I don't know why but today i feel like to make Siddharth's favourite food, may be this is the only way i can feel him closer to me.

After Siddharth leave for New York, since that day i didn't see a black Lamborghini car outside my apartment building. I know it was him. He always make sure that i reached home safely and his small gesture make my heart warm.

When food was ready i turn off the gas and set on the couch in front of tv. I cooked the food but i don't feel like to eat it.

I have no idea which channel is playing. I just looked at it blankly. My whole mind is fill with him and tears drop from my eyes when I saw the empty finger of mine in which once I wear his names ring.

Ting...tong...

Ting...tong...

I look at wall clock and it reads 10.30 p.m.

I didn't expect anyone then who is visiting me at this time.

Ting...tong...

Doorbell rang again.

I switched off the t.v, wiped my tears with my dupatta and open the door.

My eyes widened looking at him, standing at my door. It's like a wish came true. He is standing in front of me looking tired. Two upper buttons were open of his dark navy blue shirt, showing his clean muscular chest. Sleeves are rolled up to his elbows and wrist watch in his right hand. His slightly messy hair make him look more handsome. But he look different today like something is missing in his eyes. He look emotionally week more than tired.

"Siddharth.." i whispered looking at him.

"Can i stay with you for sometime?" He asked in a low voice.

I moved aside to give him a space to come inside. He walk inside and set on the couch. I closed the door and walk towards the kitchen to bring water for him. As i passed through him, he caught my hand. I turn to his side and looked at him. He got up from the couch, still holding my hand.

"Preeti i wanted to ask you something?" He whispered looking into my eyes.

I put my other hand on his and gave him a small smile.