Chapter Twenty-three

Savannah

Saturday finally came after a few days. Which I was glad because it gave me time to finish late work or stuff I needed to learn.

I was left in the living room like always alone. The tv was on as company and it felt nice. I was barely understanding anything I had to do.

As soon I as I finished with my homework I was even more bored. I decided to just go get the mail while I'm doing nothing, although I knew I would get yelled at by my parents since they want me resting.

I grab my crutches, hopping over to the door with the help of the crutches. Opening the door, I see a tall figure.

"Jack?" I asked confused shocked of him being here.

"Surprise!" He smiles. "What are you doing here?" I let out.

"I'm here.... for you." He says. Making my heart melt the way he had said it was special.

"I-....um was heading to get the mail right now, but you can head inside. I'll be back in a few seconds." I say changing the subject.

"Let me get it for you, you should probably be resting." He suggest.
"I should also be getting some exercise in." I object.

"Well at least let me come with you, I mean I also have something for you." He suggest instead. I nod my head not wanting to disagree on the situation.

He steps off the side letting me go first.
"So what'd the doctors say about your ankle?" He asked as he came next to  me down the driveway.

"Well... its broken as you can tell. Doctors say I have at least 3-6 months before I recover."

"That's hard, but I know you can recover from it. You're a strong girl Savannah." He says.

"I'd hope so because I need to be ready for basketball season."

"You could be back on your feet by the end of December, you know." He says.

"Yeah but the time it takes to get the practices in..it'll basically be over."

"I mean you could also talk to the head coach and ask if theirs anyway you can do anything while your on the brace or boot so once your clear you can play."

"I mean I could, but I doubt they'll let me." I say grabbing the mail closing the door. I try going around the mail box towards jack but I feel myself falling forward until I'm facing down looking at the concrete and Jacks shoes.

"Well hello there, where were you going?" He asked standing me up straight staring at me. I couldn't look away from him. I couldn't think of anything to say.

I suck my lips in a bit embarrassed of what had happened. "Thank you." I say finally. "Yeah of course." He says smiling at me. I could feel us getting closer, tension rising.

I pull myself back a bit look down at me feet. "We should probably go inside." I suggest looking towards my house. "Sure."

He grabs the mail out of my hands letting me go first again walking towards my house.

~

"Are you sure I didn't hurt your leg?!" He asked so caring. Making me smile, but laugh.
"Jack I am fine. You didn't hurt me." I say trying to make him feel better.

"Whatever you say Savannah, now lets go I'm taking you out to eat." He says giving me a hand to get up.
"Honestly We could just stay here jack, I know your trying to make up for thinking that you Just hurt me." I say.

"Not true,  I care about you and you deserve to go out." He says. I give a a "mhmm..okay."

"I'm not even dressed properly to go out."

"You look perfect, even with a broken ankle you still look perfect." He says making me blush a bit. "Now... c'mon let's go."

-

Jack helped me in and off the car when we arrived at places. We decided to eat McDonald's a place my parents wouldn't let me eat for awhile because it wasn't healthy for me to eat while I couldn't exercise.

Then theirs Jack, rescuing my cravings.
"Can we get two twenty piece chicken nuggets, two large drinks, large fries with the nuggets, and two medium strawberry banana smoothies." He orders without me asking.

"How'd you....-" "When you came with your siblings that one time you were mad at me for standing you up because I forgot to text you." He says cutting me off. Making me nod my head.

I go sit down at a table, I wait there a few moments before Jack joins me, bringing to the food along.

"You okay, Savannah? You look a little scared or worried." He points out

"Yeah I'm fine." I smile. "Okay." He smiles at me.

After awhile of making a conversation and eating food, someone comes up to us, then I realized who it was.

"What the fuck Jack?! I thought you were hanging out with the guys."

"Yo chill Mads, it's not what you think."

ouch man. That hurt me.

"No it is you've been lying to me and you've been hanging out with other girls behind my back."

"I should probably get out." I say sliding to the edge of the booth.

"Oh please do you whore."

"Madison! Don't talk to her like that." He defends me, but that didn't help my broken heart. Wouldn't be the first time I was called that.

"No it's fine Jack. I'll just head out and call a friend to come get me." I say grabbing my crutches. "Yeah Jack it's fine, you don't need to defend her. She can defend herself." She retorts. Making me roll my eyes.

"Of course I do. She's my friend, she has a broken ankle. Mads not everything is about you." He says getting up also.

"Oh! So you go after her, I am your girlfriend!" She says emphasizing the girlfriend word. Making me stop for a slight second, before actually making myself to move forward.

Couldn't actually help, but let a tear fall. The moment I got outside, I texted Kylie to come pick me up, which she didn't really live far.

"Hey Savannah!" I hear Jack yell. Making me look away.

"Hold on Savs. I-I....I was gonna tell yo-" "NO! You see I don't care. It's none of my business." I cut him off.

"No you don't get it Savannah I do care because I want you, I've been so confused about everything. I've been alone trying to figure it out." He says.
"Figure What out?! How long you were gonna keep from me that you have a girlfriend?!
Just as I finish Kylie pulls up. I walk to side of the passenger side.

"By the way I already knew you were with her. Doesn't take long before the truth comes out Jack." I say looking at him one more time before leaving with Kylie.

****