Chapter Thirty-seven

Savannah

Of course I went to school the next day, or I wouldn't be able to come Friday. My mom, Kylie, Lia, and I went to go find my dress. Honestly they were the proudest for keeping my head high and still focusing on school.

If jack and I were to 'break up' I don't think I would struggle since when things are hard I put it my effort into school. Especially with decorating.

It was Friday and I was at home getting ready when I heard the doorbell. "Who's the gorgeous girl I'm lucky to take to this dance?" He says coming upstairs. "Mark shut up... I'm not ready." I say laughing.

It doesn't stop him from coming in. "You're not ready?! Savannah you look like a goddess already." He exaggerates.

"Shut up

"Shut up... you don't even know what they look like." I say. "I'm looking at one." He responds. I fake laugh making him laugh.

He grabs my hand pulling me up and going to my body mirror. "You look gorgeous... you're gonna shine the most." He says hugging me from behind.

"Okay stop with this cheesy shit." I say rocking us a bit before I turn around hugging him.  "C'mon... your mom is waiting for us to take pictures." He says.  "Wait hold on." I say grabbing my phone and purse. I get back where I was with Mark behind me hugging me again. I captioned it, "we ready 😜💗."

As Mark and I are at the stairs My family starts 'Aw' us, but quickly telling us to stop at certain points in the stairs. We go to the backyard taking more pictures, Mark and I making funny jokes and comments.

After an hour of picture we head to the school. On the way, Stassie called me.

"Hey what's up?" I answer turning the volume down. "Hey.. I Just wanted to let you know that I hope you have fun at your dance. Don't forget to call me after and tell me everything that happened... especially the drama." She says laughing a little at the end.

"Of course... I will call you most likely tomorrow afternoon." I say laughing.
"Who you talking on the phone with Stassie? Is that Savannah?" I hear jacks voice. Next thing you know the call ends.

"What was that about?" Mark asks. "I don't know." I say confused a bit before I turn the music back up and jamming on.

~
After awhile at the dance we eat, play some games, and dance. Mark and I won a bunch of games. When Mark and I song came on. It's a slow song, but it's the song that Mark and I feel comfortable being the only chance that we can hold each other right, "The night we met."

We both smile laughing bit before we headed to the dance floor dancing to it. "I remember the first time we ever heard this song... we were both cruising around on our bikes. You with your radio on. We went down by a river and just laid there. You fell in love with this song." He says.

"Shut up... you memorized the words too. Plus you know you love this song also. If it wasn't for the song or me.. we definitely wouldn't be as close as we are." I say. "You are right, but I'm sad this year is going by so fast. I'm definitely going to miss you next year, but I have to be honest with you Savannah." He says.

"What?" I ask.
"My feelings for you.... they haven't really gone away since the beginning of 8th grade. I know you are deeply mad in love with Gilinsky, but I thought you should know. I respect your guys relationship, so I'm backing off. I don't want your relationship to be destroyed because you and I still hang out." He says.

"I'll be honest with you.... I know I still care about you like if we were in a relationship Mark. I still want you around, and I know it's not simple because of jack and I together. I really love your companion. I know deep down my feelings for you haven't vanished, but my feelings for jack are so high right now." I say.

"I know... I don't expect them reappear or whatever, but I respect your relationship. It was an honor to have a dance with you again. I hope we stay close, with or without the feelings." He says pulling me into a hug and staying like that for the rest of the dance.

I couldn't lie.... I started crying a bit, but the soft kiss and rubbing hands made me feel better. We started heading to our seats when Nate gave me his phone. Sammy was telling me he needed me to come pick up Jack.

Nate drives me to this house we're it seemed like it was a party. "He came to a party?" I ask looking at Nate. He looked confused. Nate follows me holding my head so I wouldn't get grabbed by guys.

We end up at the back of the house, where jack was shirtless surrounded by girls. It made my heart drop even more. Nate saw my reaction and went up to jack pulling him up.

"What the hell is wrong with you man?!" Nate yells at him. I look back at the girls and they Just give me a ugly look which I give it to them back.

"Oh look.... it's miss cheater. What? Did little marky dorky not want you anymore?" He says. I roll my eyes.
"Jack you better shut up... you are hella drunk and you ruined tonight." Nate says dragging jack inside and out to the front.

"Savannah I love you.... but you hurted me... with Mark. I can't lose you, you're the love of my laugh." He says laughing at the end. We drive off... going to jacks house and taking him up to his room.

I stayed with jack.

••••