Chapter Twenty-five

Savannah

A month finally passed. And I'm back as good as ever. I'm happy, my grades are coming to a good steady pace.

Oh right you guys don't care. Probably more like, what's the status of jack and yours?

Jack tries to get in contact with me, but I'm honestly happy without him. I'd rather not deal with him. I'm ready to get over him and move on.

"Honey! You have a friend here!" My mom yells. Who could be here? I told Kylie to come pick me up 15 minutes before class. As I come to the stair case I see Derek.

"Derek? What are you doing here?" I ask shocked. "Well knowing what condition you are in, I thought why not take you to school." He says with a smile.

"Aww how sweet is this gentleman. Well Savannah hurry and finish getting ready or you'll be late." My mom said shooing me away.

As I'm coming out of the hallway Derek is waiting for me at the top of the stair. "Hey what are you doing up here?" I ask confused.

"For this." He says lifting me up smoothly.
"Derek! Put me down. You don't have to." I say freaking out a little bit and shocked.

"Hush." He laughs before putting me down and going back up to get my crutches.

We say bye to my mother, him opening my door. I text Kylie letting her know. "What class you got first block?" He asks, already missing a turn to get to my school.

"English." I say coughing. "But like...English what?" He asks smiling like it's obvious what class. "English four." I say after hesitating.

He looks at me for a few seconds before laughing hysterically like if I said something funny.

"Turn left." I say trying to get him to take me to school. "Your School is this way." He says.

"Just do it." I say. We ride in silence, beside when I told him when to turn.

"Holy shit." He says under his breathe once the school was in view. "You're in high school."

I nod my head. "Hold up, you're saying that you're lying about being a college student. Am I the only one that knows?" He asks.

I shake my head. "Stassie, Nate, Johnson, Sammy, and you now."

"So Jack is the only one who doesn't know. Why Savannah? How come he doesn't know?" He asks.

"Never got the chance, plus we're not really on talking terms. It's better that way."

"I mean you still have to tell him sooner or later." He says. "Not anymore, we're basically no longer friends Derek."

"I mean, I don't think that. I'd say it's complicated because you know you have feelings for him and he does too. Yet you can't get mad at him if you're lying too." He says.

"Okay true, but whats the point? He won't ever look at me again if I tell him, so it doesn't matter the way we are right now. It's gonna be like this for now on. I have no interest in being in jacks life, nor do I want him in mine."

"C'mon now you're just lying. I doubt he would stop talking to you because of that. If he's capable of dating a 12 year old who's caused more trouble in his life than his friends, I'm sure he would forgive a girl who's one year younger than him."

"Like I said before Derek, I'm fine without him. I'd like to keep it this way."

"But the rest of us aren't fine and don't want to keep it like this."

"I'm sorry but you guys don't get to make that decision for me. If you guys want to hang out with him, and all. Go ahead. It's your guys life, but count me out." I say, Just as we pull up the to the front, allowing me to get out.

"Savannah seriously just think about it. It could actually go good." He says making me turn around.
"I'll see you around Derek." I say before closing the door and walking away.

••••