Chapter Thirty-six

Savannah

After school I stuck around putting up some more decoration when one of the teachers that was helping with the whole planning came in.

"Savannah how long you gonna be in here working?" She asks. "Just like half an hour maybe. I'm also Just waiting for my ride." I say.

"Alright when your are done, make sure to turn off the lights." She says. I nod my head before she walks away. A few minutes of silence go on before I hear something fall behind.

"Sorry... didn't mean to scare you. I just brought a few snacks for you. I saw you staying so I decided to go buy you some snacks." Mark says.
"Oh my god, Mark. I could've fell, but I'm good. I'm just waiting on...." I pause for a moment.

"Waiting on Who?" He asks. "Jack.... my boyfriend." I say before turning away from Mark trying to finish up. "Oh... jack and you are dating?" He asks. I hum a 'yes.' Finishing hanging some things. I put away the ladder on the stage and taking it to the back.

I come back sitting on the stage checking my phone for any messages, but none had came. "So how long?" He asks. "A couple of months now, like three." I say.

Now I know it seems bad, but I haven't been keeping track of the days, or weeks we've been together. "Woah... so why haven't you said anything?" He asks standing in front of me.

"I don't think if ever occurred me to tell anyone beside like Kylie, Lia, and the guys. I mean like people I hang out with on a daily." I tell him.

"I understand, but like if you want to take Jack... I would definitely understand if you don't want to go with me." He says. "I already talked to jack, he said he didn't mind that it was my choice." I tell him.

"Savannah... I'm giving you a chance to go with Jack, why aren't you taking it?" He asks laughing a little of how dumb I am.
"I know you are... I just want to go with you now because for the past three years you've been with me through this, homecoming, and court-warming." I say.

"Yeah, but you're also grown up that you are dating someone. Tell me."

"Another part is just the fact that I don't know if I'll be able to handle the exes, hookup, or wannabe girlfriends of jacks." I say.

"Well actually you have... a bunch of girls think we either hookup, your my ex, or my girlfriend. You've been handling it since freshman year Savannah." He says laughing.
"Oh shut up! That's not true." I say punching him while laughing. "Plus even if he messes up I'll be there, Nate, and some of my friends. Don't worry Savannah, just take Jack." He says.

"What about your date?" I ask. "Please I can find a date any minute." He chuckles.
We start laughing but a cough makes us stop. I look towards the door seeing Jack.

"Shit." I mutter under my breaths.

I get off the stage trying to clean up any supplies I left out while Jack came over. "I'll see you later, Savannah." Mark says walking away. I say 'bye' and 'thank you'.

I manage to catch them say each other's name before jack makes it up to me and Mark out the door. "So you guys are spending time together... alone?" He asks after awhile of silence.

"No... We were just talking-." I say. "Talking about what you guys were going to do after the dance?" He blurts.
"What?!" I asked him shocked confused on how he even got the idea. "Oh c'mon you're going to tell me that your feelings for him are gone?" He asks.

"Jack.. hold on.. where the hell are you getting all this idea? Mark and I were just talking about-" I sat but getting Interrupted.
"Grace told me everything. Everything that happened between you and mark. You never once said anything about you two. You lied to everyone one saying he was just your best friend." He says raising his voice at me.

I couldn't say anything, my heart was aching and racing. It felt like my heart had dropped. I was confused so much.

He looks away from me. All I could do is look at him of how he acted. "I'm sorry.. Savannah. I'm... sorry. I don't know what happened to me." He says looking up and trying to hug me.

I step away him grabbing my book bag. "I think... I should head home... you too and.. get some sleep." I say before I head out turning off the lights going to the student parking lot seeing Mark still here. I run up to him, hugging him.

"Do you think you can take me home?" I ask whispering. "Yeah." He says. I get in his car, while he drove out the parking lot.

••••