Chapter Thirty-five

Savannah

"Wake up you stupid shit!" My brothers yell jumping on bed. "Stoopp!" I yell rolling over making one of them fall.

It goes silent for a few before I hear my mom yell making me sit up making both of them to fall again. "Im up!" I yell.
I look at the clock. 7:30. Shit.

"Why didn't you dumb shits wake me up!" I say pushing them out the way to get clothes.
They look at me like I'm crazy.

"Oh sorry we aren't good enough for you." I hear before they both walk out. I quickly change into a leggings and a crop top, but with a hoodie over it. Put on my converse, some fake eyelashes and eyeliner. I grab my bag, phone, keys rushing to the kitchen grabbing my drink my mom made.

I drive to school going 7 over the limit, it's fine. I get to school on time with four minutes to get to my first class. I can make it. I run pass the office, down the hall, to the right, up the stairs, to the left, and down the hall to the right. As I open the door and one step is in the class the bell rings.

"Lucky miss Savannah." My teacher says looking at me. I smile catching my breathe and going to my seat.

That was close.

~
At lunch when I was eating with the girls, Mark came up.

"Hey Savannah can i talk to you?" He asks. I nod my head getting up to go talk to him outside the cafeteria.
"What's up?" I ask.
"So I was thinking about the dance.... and... I was wanting you know if......" he starts off slowly.

"Savannah! Jack is calling you." Kylie says coming around the corner. "Oh shit my bad, I'll text him for you." She says before walking away.

"Sorry... what were you saying?" I ask.
"Oh no....I was going to ask if you would go to the dance with me again, one last time." He says.

"Mark.... I..... Yes, I'll go with you." I say taking some difficulty saying.
"Really? Oh my god I thought you were gonna say no." He says hugging me before walking away.

I was.... now I have to tell jack that I'm not taking him.

I sit back down with the girls. Kylie and Lia look at me like when I was going to tell them.

"He asked me to go to the dance with him." I say. "And you told him no, right? Because you have a boyfriend now." Kylie says slowly.

"No... I told him yes. The way he made it seem made it hard to say no. He was just, "one last time." I say.
"Yeah and your last time to be with Jack also." Kylie says before getting a slap in the back of the head from Lia.

"Honestly.... Savannah you have prom, court warming, and valentines dance to take Jack to. Plus you said he said that to him it didn't matter that you didn't take him." Lia says.

"Yeah, but knowing jack I know he will get upset or butthurt about it. He's probably expecting me to call or text him so he knows." I say just as I'm getting a call from Jack.

You know that song from BTR, the beginning of their theme song... that's what's going through my head... "oh oh oh oh"

~
After I got home from school I locked myself in my room. What the hell are we gonna do now?
I hear a bunch of knock on the front door followed my the doorbell.

It's jack.
He always knocks and than doorbell. I go downstairs opening the door. "Hey babe." He says cheerfully embracing me into a hug. "Hey... what are you doing here?" I smile awkwardly.

"I came to hang out with you since it's Monday. Shittiest day of the week." He laughs before heading to the living room and tackling my brothers playfully. I go into the kitchen we're my mom was.

"Hey... what are you doing In here?" She asks looking up. "I just came to get some snacks." I respond.

"Is something going on between you and jack?" She asks suspiciously. "No... everything is fine. I just didn't come and get something when I got home." I answer.

"Just so you know, I was a young teenager also." She says. "Okay fine.... it's the dance. I didn't tell jack about the dance, but he found out, than I told him I had to talk to mark about it but than Mark asked me and I said yes in panic. Now I have to tell Jack that I can't take him." I rant.

"Well if you really want to take jack, talk to mark. I'm sure he'll understand."

"That's the problem, knowing if I want to take Jack. I mean like jack and I are amazing and I really like him, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to take him to a school dance where everyone knows him." I say.

"Honey... everyone knows Jack. How could they not? Dating jack will come with some cons, just like being in every relationship. You said yes to walking with jack through anything." She says.

"No I didn't. I said yes to being his girlfriend and supporting him. Plus I suck at being one anyways."

"No you don't honey, being with jack is what you always dreamed of. You are just panicking from transitioning to being single to not being single. Now as a young lady you have to make decisions. Like if you want to take Jack." She says grabbing my shoulder.

I hate my mom for being so good.
"Can't I just take both of them?" I ask.

"You could, but than you'll have two boys and I know how tough it is especially with girls." She says. I nod my head before hugging her and going to the living room sitting next to Jack. Not long after my mom calls the boy.

"So how was school?" He asks wrapping his arm around me. "It was alright, the normal. How were your classes?"

"Boring, long, and boring. Some of the classes I'm taking are stupid. I was just looking forward to being here as soon as possible. You know how much I was bored without?" He says. Making me laugh.

"Well you're here now.... so how about we have some fun." I say turning to him.

"Oh you are dirty." He chuckles wrapping his arm around my waist letting me sit on his lap. I was shocked at how swift that move was. I slap him on the chest.

"You know I was messing around." I say. "Oh yeah... I know babe, I was messing around too." He says.
"Anyways.. I wanted to tell you that...Mark asked me go with him to the dance." I tell him.

"What'd you say?" He asks. "I told him I would." I say looking up to see his reaction.

"Well. Do you have your dress?" He asks. "Wait you're not mad?" I ask.

"No of course not. I mean it just pinches, but it's your senior year. You get to chose who you want to take to this dance. Sure it's Mark, the guy I was worried about when we weren't talking, but I know you'll enjoy it with him." He says rubbing his hands back and fourth on my forearm.

"Jack if it annoys you, I can tell Mark I can't go with him." I say. "No... seriously it's fine. I'll be fine, I just want you to enjoy it." He says.

"Hmm.... and no I haven't gotten my dress." I say. "Then tomorrow after I get done with football practice, I'll take you to the mall or any store with dresses in it." He says before kissing me. I nod my head continuing the kissing.

••••