Chapter Thirty-eight

Jack

As I was sleeping my head started hurting especially when I opened my eyes, in reaction I turned pulling the covers over me a bit and accidentally touching something.

My hands start roaming a bit before I realize it's a body making me open my eyes and uncover me and the person, but falling off the bed. What the fuck have I done?

By the way it didn't help with the pain. "Jack is that you?" I hear Savannah's voice. I stand up quickly. "Oh my god thank god it's you." I say hugging her on the bed.

She doesn't say anything for awhile until she pulls us away. "I'm gonna head downstairs. You probably have a headache so ill be back." She says getting up and walking out.

What the fuck happened last night?

Savannah

As I walk downstairs I greet everyone. "Is he awake?" Stassie asks. I nod my head. "He doesn't even remember last night... which I'm not even sure if it makes it worse or better." I say sitting next to her receiving a coffee from Sammy.

"Just give him a few minutes... it always comes back." Sammy says. "Yea... I just don't understand what good came out of going to a party, drinking, and probably smoking with a bunch of girls." I say.

"Yeah... i mean Jack will clear it up." Sammy says.

"I don't think i want to hear it... him and I haven't talked since well Tuesday beside this morning." I say.
"Why's that?" Stassie asked.

"Just something from the past... he didn't know mark and I are closer than what he thought. Mark and I... talked for a long time before we decided to just be friends." I say.

"He didn't see as that, did he?" Stassie says making me shake my head. After awhile of silence I cough getting up grabbing an Advil and juice to take Jack.

"I'm going to go take this to jack." I say before leaving the kitchen and up to jacks room. He was laying there facing away from his window.

"I brought you an Advil and some juice. You should probably take it now before it gets worst." I say setting it down.

"Savannah..." he pauses while he sits up, "thank you." He says.

"There's Nothing to thank.... you should probably shower also... soon." I say not looking at him. It was a moment Again of silence. "I'm gonna go downstairs and finish my breakfast." I add walking away leaving him.

I finish eating and telling Stassie everything that happened at the dance before grabbing my dress since I was in Stassie clothes and a hoodie from jacks closet.

"I'm going home... ill bring back your clothes Stassie. Take care of jack." I say to them in Marks car.
"Yeah yeah... go home. We'll explain everything." Sammy says earning a slap from Stassie. Making me laugh a bit. I wave goodbye one more time before I tell mark to go.

As we drive in the music, Mark grabs my hand smiling at him. "Are you hungry? Do you want to grab something to eat before I take you home?" He asks.

"You know me so well." I say laughing. He shakes his head laughing a bit before taking me to McDonald's.

~
After I got home mark stayed until his mom called him than he left. I showered, once I got out I checked my phone for a moment seeing I had three miss calls from Jack. I stare at myself in the mirror thinking if it was enough time for jack to remember, but I wasn't ready to answer.

So I put my phone down and  getting comfortable in comfortable clothes, laying in bed with a few snacks, and watching the notebook.

••••