Chapter Twenty-eight

Savannah

On the way to the place of the party, I was getting nervous, my stomach was weird. I started panicking on the ride there.

"Hey, you're gonna be fine. I'll be there." Trey whispers to me holding onto my hand. I smile at him letting out a sigh. It kinda helps.

Didn't last long until We were walking up the steps to the house. The music was loud, the aroma of the alcohol mixed with marijuana.

Once we walked in, it was packed. It was hard getting by the people, Trey was almost losing a grip of my hand, but gripped onto me harder so I wouldn't stay behind.

We end up at the kitchen for some reason they enjoy going to the kitchen first. Trey starts helping himself along with Derek.

I turn to see everyone around us, they're all enjoying themselves with friends or people they're meeting for the first time.

"Here, relax. You're really tensed up." Derek says handing me a cup. I look down, it looked like beer. "It's just beer." He adds.

"How'd you know I like beer?" I ask unsure how he knows.
"Well at the campfire you were drinking some, so I figured it was your drink."

"Well you observe people very well. Meanwhile I could never." I say.
"Just a skill I have." He smiles.

"Any more skills you have?" I ask. "Too many, you'll learn on the way of this adventure of ours."

"Adventure? Well what kind of adventures?" I ask. "This adventure that we'll be on till we grow old and can't even wipe our asses."

"You really see all of us together still by that time?" I ask. "Of course, yeah we might drift away from one another, but someday we'll all reunite and realize how much we needed one another. Deciding for us to stick together from that day on." He explains.

Derek definitely was deep especially for being at a party, maybe the alcohol was kicking in.

"Hey Im gonna go to the bathroom real quick." He says. "Okay."

I stood around, watching Trey enjoying the drinks, since high school party's sometimes don't have as many drinks there. The place was getting more packed by the minute and it made me feel Just uncomfortable.

"Savannah! You came! Are you enjoying the party?!" Stassie yells greeting me into a hug.
"Hey! I did come. You could say I'm chilling."

"Oh c'mon you're gonna tell me no one has came up to talk to you, you already have the drink you Just need a partner."

"I'm fine hanging by myself." I insist.
"C'mon let me Introduce you to some people." She says grabbing my hand and pulling me right behind her.

She pulls me to a set of stairs leading downstairs. We come into what looks like a second living room with only a few people down here.

"Catherine! Come over here!" Stassie yells getting a girls attention. Might I say she was pretty. If it weren't for the smile she gave while coming over I would've thought she was the typical white girl that was popular.

"Hey Stassie! What's up, girly?" She ask cheerfully.
"Catherine I want you to meet my friend, Emily."

"Hi! It's nice to meet you, Emily! Do you go to school here?" She asks hugging me.