Chapter Fifty

Savannah

New Years passed meaning I only had a few months left before I finally graduated.

It was a big day... my dad got the coach for Mavericks to come watch me. Honestly I would've loved it if they didn't tell me.

I got up early eating good and getting dressed up nice.

I quickly grab my bag and make sure I have everything

I quickly grab my bag and make sure I have everything. "Hey! What do you want me to bring you to lunch?" My dad asks. "Um... Chicken nuggets, mozzarella sticks, marinera sauce, and strawberry smoothie plus my medium Powerade." I say not waiting a minute and Just leaving knowing he wouldn't approve.

Once I got to school everyone was high fiving a bunch of the girls and guys who played basketball since word got around about colleges.

"Heyy... big day!" Kylie says coming to me. I smile. "Yeah... I woke up so nervous." I say. "Well you shouldn't you got it in the bag." She says.

"I honestly don't get why I have to get offered a Maverick one... I already have a Arizona one. Like I have nothing here beside you, Lia, Mark, Trey, Derek, and Stassie." I rant. Which she doesn't disagree.

"Okay... well Just focus on homework and worry about the game later." She says. "Heyy! Savannah! Good luck tonight, rock on!" A dude says walking past us. I smile and say a thank you.

"Dude I swear this year is kinda in your favor... you got with Gilinsky. You're basically a celebrity." She says walking me to class. "Shut up... not true. I- idk." I say trying to come up with a reason as we walked inside our class.

-
It was after school and we all got ready after eating. Taking our time since we still had time. I basically messed around the whole time until we had like 45 minutes of warming up. I stretched before practicing my shooting.

I help one of the freshman with their shooting since that's one thing I know they try on that was until my dad called me over.

I smile happy he was here. I hug my dad smiling.
"Honey... this is coach Banks." My dad says smiling.
"Hi! I'm Savannah it's nice to meet you!" I say smiling.

"It's surely an honor to meet you miss Savannah, your dad has told me a bunch about you. I'll be happy to watch you play." She says.
"It's an honor to have you here. I hope you enjoy.. if you don't mind I'm gonna head back and keep warming up, but it was a pleasure meeting you!" I say.

"No.. don't hold back go on!" She says. I smile before heading back.

-
During the game we were down three points and honestly I was tired, but tried to keep my calm and telling my teammates.

When one of the girls was shooting her free throws I was talking to my coach trying to get her to put one of the freshman's in because we needed a player that isn't tired.

"C'mon coach... I can put a three if you put her in." I say looking at the girl shooting. She had missed one. Just in time she gets the girl up to sub her in. I high five the junior that got taken out.

We the rebound from the shot I wait for the ball to get brought down going to shoot a layup but one of the tall players comes and fouls me making me get and one.

I breathe getting at the line, aligning myself, I close my eyes for a second before opening and getting in position before letting it go. Making it go in swiftly.

"Get the ball! Steal ball!" I tell my teammates so they wouldn't let them score. Which of course The freshman gets the ball since she wasn't tired.

When I thought she was gonna shoot she threw The ball at me making me react fast and just shoot looking at the rim.

As I let it go the buzzer goes off making it go in also. I get attacked by my team making me smile. I hug the freshie celebrating before we get in line and high-five them.

As I help pick up I get turned around by Kylie and see Mark half court with a sign I laugh at his dumbass. "You can't say no." He says making me laugh. I nod my head.

We take a picture before getting off so the guys could play.

I head to the Locker room

I head to the Locker room. Once the coach leaves I get up. "Hey guys! I Just wanted to let you guys know... even if you didn't play we loved that you still tried helping us. Also I would really love if you guys tried shooting more. This is my last year and I can't be the only one shooting threes. Teams will block me or guard me the whole game." I say.

Which some agree but then we celebrate that we won. Once I got changed I gave my dad my book bag so he would take home.

"Coach Banks... I thought you already left." I say surprised. "Well i thought i would just let you know that Omaha Mavericks would love to have you in our program. We'll be in contact." She says smiling.

"Thank you so much! Wow! Thank you!" I say smiling not knowing what to say. She smiles before walking away. Awkward. I go and sit next to Mark to enjoy the boys game.

••••