Chapter Fourty-three

Savannah

I wake from my alarm laying there for a few minutes. "Savannah wake up! Mom says." Lian says. "I'm up and been up. I'll be downstairs in like 20 minutes." I tell them.

"By the way, dad left to go to work again." Matt says. "Hey...c'mon you know he's doing everything he does for us." I say getting up. "Yeah yeah." They say before walking out of my room.

After I finished getting ready I head downstairs with my book bag eating breakfast

After I finished getting ready I head downstairs with my book bag eating breakfast. My mother rushes us out the door to take my brothers to school and going to the check up with my doctor.

~
I eat Applebee's with my mom before she takes me to school. She drops me off and signing me in before I went to my class.

"Welcome to class... Savannah." My teacher says stopping class. I smile before heading to sit next to the girls, but I couldn't help but see Mark was sitting behind me.

Which after a few minutes of him staring at the back of my head he taps on my shoulder. "Hey.... can we talk after school?" He asks. "Um... yeah." I say not really thinking about anything.

-

"So.... what'd the doctor say about your foot?" Mark asks as we walk to his car. "Well... Im clear to be without the door, he said he wants me to be easy on the foot for the begging of the season." I tell him inside his car.

"Hey that's good... you still have a chance for college basketball." He says. "Yeah, but I doubt it'll happen especially since I'm behind on my process since before the incident." I say. 

"Oh c'mon you know you'll make a comeback. You always do, plus you have Derek. Derek was a baller in highschool. Trey too. You can't forget about me." He says pretending to shoot.

I can tell he's taking the long way to my house. "That's true, I mean I still have to make tryout." I say. "I mean, I know you'll make it. Just do the tips I gave you last season. Ball handling." He comments.

"Yeah." I sigh.
We ride for a few moments in silence before he spoke up.

"You and Jack? Still together?" He asks. "Mark...I never meant to hurt you or play with your feelings, but I love Jack." I tell him.

"Savannah, I know you never meant to lead me on," He paused pulling over in front of my house, "I didn't mean to let my feelings come back out or your feelings. I didn't want us to be complicated or you and Jack."

"I know you didn't Mark, but we can't hang out anymore.... or at least until we don't feeling anything but love of friendship." I say. He closes his eyes before hitting the back of his head on the head support of his seat.

"Mark... stop! Don't do that!" I yell making him stop. He looks at me, with a sad look before he does something in expectedly. Kissing me. I quickly pull away pushing him and slapping his face.

I didn't realize until Mark looked at me disappointed. I shake my head tearing up before getting out and running inside.

-
It didn't take long before my mom came into my room, like an hour. "Honey.... what's wrong?" She asks knocking. "I don't want to talk right now." I say.

"Babe.... what's wrong?" I hear Jacks voice next to me on the edge of the bed. I sit up looking at him. He tries to read my face but gets nothing. I sigh getting up and going to the bathroom.

He says a few things trying to get me to talk, but I don't respond. They leave me alone for a hour at least.

"Savannah! You better fucking open the door!" I hear Kylie outside in my room. I peek open the door and see my room door closed. I walk out laying on my bed.

"So are you just gonna sit there and say nothing? Is that what we're doing?" She asks standing in front of  me.

She was about to continue a rant but I stopped her. "Mark kissed me." I say staring at the ceiling. I Can hear her mutter a "wow."

She lays down next to me. "How'd that happen?" She asks looking at me.

"He gave me a ride home, he wanted to talk. Kylie.... Mark, he really liked me. I feel like complete utter shit. I told him we shouldn't hang out at least until there's no feelings. Then he kissed me." I say.

"Did you pull away or push him off?" She asks. "Definitely.... I slapped him! I slapped one of my best friends!" I scoff not believing.

"You had to get him to understand Savannah. It was the only way." She says. "I didn't have to slap him, Kylie. He knew I wanted Jack. He knew I never wanted things to complicate and neither did him." I say.

"The main thing here is.... I basically cheated on Jack." I add.
"Did it mean anything?" She asks. "No!.... Jack means way more." I say.

"You didn't answer the question." She questions again. "It was like .01 kiss. No! It didn't mean anything." I reassure.

"Okayyy." She drags out.
"Just tell Jack, Im sure he won't do anything." She says before getting up and going to get Jack.

"Babe... whats wrong?! Your mom called me and I got worried something happened to you." He says sitting in front of me grabbing my hands.
I don't deserve this beautiful human being.

"Jack.... Mark kissed me earlier." I tell him looking at him. "What? What do you mean? What do you mean he kissed you?" He asks confused.

"I had agreed to talk to him after school. So I could tell him about you and I, which we did, but He kissed me knowing I wanted to be with you." I say.
"Did you push him off?" He asks. I nod my head. "I slapped him also." I add.

Jack smiled laughing a bit. "What?" I ask.
He pulls me up into a hug. "I'm gonna marry you some day." He says. "Your not mad?" I ask.

"At him, yes, but not you. You are perfect Savannah." He says smiling. I feel him hug me tighter which I loved.

"Don't worry Savannah. It's okay. You didn't do anything wrong." He says.

••••