CHAPTER 15: HASTENED DECISIONS, WORK OF SATAN

Hey Fatima,

I know it might seem a bit off but
can you meet me? I have something
very important to talk about.

I had received this message in my Pharmacy lecture.

Hi Saad

Yeah sure. I can make time for you tomorrow.

I turned my gaze back to the teacher and few minutes later the phone buzzed again. I looked at it.

I need to meet you now.

Is it that important?

Yes.

I thought for a second.

Where do you want to meet up?

I'll pick you up from your campus.

Just tell me when.

It felt weird but I guess kind of trusted Saad with the fact that he wouldn't have any ulterior motives. I hesitated to reply and waited for the lecture to end before picking up my phone to reply.

I just got free. We can meet if youhave time.

Katherine left early to pick up some relative from airport. I stood up and started to clear my clutter and pick up my stuff when my phone buzzed again.

I am at your Med School.

My eyes went wide. Well that was fast. Almost as if he was waiting outside.

I quickly went outside and found him standing there. I placed my hand over my forehead to create shadow over my eyes to prevent the sunlight from blinding me.

"You wanted to talk?" I asked when I was near enough.
"Yes... But can we go sit somewhere first?"
"Sure, we have a café-"
"No, that would be awkward." He said cutting me off in middle of my speech.
"Okay, then you decide." I said.
"Let's go out for lunch." He suggested.
"Okay but I would have to Uber." I said.
"Why Uber? I have a car." He said pointing towards his black car.

I hesitated because I know what people call women who sit in cars with strangers. I bit my lower lips considering but then I decided that we should take an Uber together.

Saad called the Uber from his phone because he said that he wanted the destination to be surprise. I just told him that I needed to be back home before my curfew. I felt weird and my gut instinct was to turn down this "lunch" but I could not bring myself to say no. That is how being nice backfires. My whole body was screaming at me to turn him down but I could not bring myself to do it. I just fisted my trembling fingers and sat in the car.

My heart was warning me of some unknown risk that laid ahead but somehow I just didn't listen to it.

I looked at Saad and found him shaking his leg. He looked at me and stopped with a nervous smile. I smiled back and decided to look out for the rest of the ride.

The car stopped in front of a very posh looking restaurant. I gulped. Welp, there goes half of my monthly allowance.

I paid for the Uber and followed Saad out. What is he tries something with me? Will I be able to run home? The restaurant looks secure and there are cars around too. I would be able to escape if I have to.

The first thing that I noticed about that place was the air conditioner and how the cold air attacked on my sweat drenched back. Yes because the Uber Captain's car AC was not functioning. Yes folks a typical day of being Fatima Zahra Zaidi.