CHAPTER 41: SALAM ISTANBUL

"I am taking her away," Katherine said as she dragged my wife along with her.

I turned to look at Edward confused.

"I proposed, she's breaking the news," Edward said quickly.
"You did? It was about time you grew some balls and popped the question." I said surprised.
"Yeah more to that later but I need to tell you something more important," Edward said before leaning into my ears. "I saw Eric Montague on the way here," Edward whispered into my ears.

It took me a while to register what he said.

"You saw who?" I was confused.

Eric? Here?

"Eric Montague," Edward repeated.
"Where?" I said panic rising in my body.
"Right here," Edward replied.
"Here? Now?"
"Yes. According to what Katy told me he is their batch mate and took many classes with her and Bhabhs." Edward gave out the details.

I took a moment to collect my thoughts.

Eric Montague, here in Ontario, Canada. Shouldn't he be in Milan? Does he know who Fatima is?

"What does Eric know about Fatima?" I asked Edward.
"Pretty much what every student knows about her. That she is from Pakistan and married." Edward said.
"Does he know who she's married to?" I asked.
"I don't think so? He might, he might not." Edward said before pulling away looking in a direction.

I turned my head and saw Fatima walking towards us with Katherine. For a moment I saw worry flash in Fatima's eyes as they wandered over Edward and I but it was gone before I could be too sure.

"Congratulations!" Fatima exclaimed at Edward in excitement. "You finally persuaded her to say yes," She teased.

They bickered back and fro until Katherine intervened.

The event commenced and Fatima dragged Katherine with her and disappeared in the crowd. I tried to call her, stop her, but she couldn't listen.

With so many heads in my sight, I failed to spot a veiled one. Anxiety knocked air out of me.

What if she gets recognized by Eric and his men? What if she gets taken away as a collateral to the revenge aimed at me? I know Montague men know no mercy. They know no decency.

When the crowd finally started to shift after music started playing, I spotted her and Katherine standing by the platform talking to a man dressed in tuxedo.

Tall, dark and domineering. That man could be described as everything women would fawn over.

I walked over to where she stood with Katherine, with the angle she stood Katherine spotted me before Fatima did. In the little decorative mirror beside platform, I could see Fatima's big doe like eyes filled with admiration for that man. She looked a little nervous, a little excited to be addressed by that man.

A lot similar to the way she used to react when she used to talk to me before we got married.

A fire ignited in my heart but I was too anxious about her safety to address the man before me at the moment.

I draped my arm over her shoulders. She stiffened a bit before relaxing and leaning a bit on my side. She looked up at me. A hint of trouble clouded a bit over her face. I smiled at her, trying to let her know that I wasn't mad at her.

She placed her hand on my torso, intimately and smiled at the guy.

"I think you are a little too late, Raphael," She told the Raphael guy. He laughed a little at her. "Meet my husband, Ahmed Ali Rizvi. Honey, this is Raphael Deniz, my senior and a friend." My eyes widened at the word honey.