CHAPTER 32: SINFUL THOUGHTS

@manalfatima I love all of my readers.

<3 

Reader discretion advised.

*****

FATIMA'S POV:

It had been months since he left. He got busier with every passing day. The calls became shorter, replies became late. Sometimes I would get replies in the evening when I had texted in the morning. 

But for me everything was fine. I understood that he would be busy. I mean I wasn't free too. My clinical years had started and most of the time I would be consumed by studies. 

But most importantly, I knew that all of this would be temporary. I mean six months didn't sound that bad. 

I didn't let the silence from his side get into my head. It was hard, but I kept the negativity out. 

As the days passed, I felt elated. 

Oh my god oh my god oh my god. It's September already. Oh my god oh my god.

I thought as I rushed through the corridor. I quickly sat in the car and just smiled with joy as I stared out from the window. 

As soon as I came home I rushed to my room and threw my bag on my bed and flew to the bathroom. 

I quickly washed up and got ready. 

I quickly styled my hair in a bun with a side parting. I few strands hung over my face frame. 

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. 

I mean I had not overdressed myself, but I looked fine in my red knee-length dress paired with black trousers. 

"Okay okay okay," I said patting my cold hands over my heated cheeks. 

I picked up my phone and video called Ahmed.I 

The call didn't get a response.

Maybe he already fell asleep. I sighed as I kept the phone away. 

I pouted. 

He must have forgotten. Idiot. 

I tried to change my focus by trying to take a few pictures which all looked awkward and embarrassing. After like a thousand tries one finally turned out to be good enough. 

I sent him that one and threw myself on the bed. 

It was not dinner time yet. 

I closed my eyes. 

All of a sudden all the excitement washed away in the see of fatigue. I felt tired. 

I guess I fell asleep because when I opened my eyes my door was being knocked. Not loudly, like Gul does, but soft and polite. 

I grabbed my hijab and threw it on first, before walking up to the door. 

"Yes?" I called halfheartedly. No answer came. 

I groaned as I flung the door open. 

"Yes, Gul?" I said annoyed. 

My eyes met the black ones and I froze. 

"Hello, beautiful." He said with the same charm and confidence. 

I think my jaw fell because I felt my mouth closing when he pushed my chin up. 

I blinked at his face. 

"What? No 'Hi handsome' for your husband?" his smile quirked up on one side.