CHAPTER 37: ALL OF THE SMALL THINGS

I woke up to the sound of a heartbeat as the light from the window made me wince. I yawned before opening my eyes but everything seemed blurred thus I shut my eyes again. 

I blinked a few times before I could see clearly again. I was lying on Ahmed's chest as our legs were tangled together. His chest rose and fell with a rhythm as he breathed. I looked up to check Ahmed who was still clearly sound asleep. 

My eyes wandered back down, where his left hand, held mine on his stomach. Our rings shone in the light. 

A smile stretched across my face. 

It occurred to me that his hands were a lot larger than mine. 

I pulled mine away to compare them both.

His palm was broader and fingers were a lot longer and despite being a little thicker than mine, they appeared a lot slender and lady-like than mine. My hands looked like a child's. I puckered up my lower lip. 

It isn't fair! I complained mentally and looked up at his face. Obviously, from my angle, I could only see his chin. 

I rolled off him and pulled my body up so that my face was beside his. 

His lashes were thick, shorter than mine but thick. His nose wasn't slender but not big either. It was perfect. 

Well, I hope my kids inherit that because I didn't get that from my mother, and trust me when I say that I have regrets. 

His beard was tamed. Not too hairy or too patchy, just as I liked. 

When he slept, he looked a lot younger. 

I think that is because of his hair and clothes. (well he isn't wearing any right now) Whenever he is seen outside the house, his hairs are slicked back and he wears suits all the time almost like he is the prince of Hades or something or He is the Grim Reaper. I mean if Grim Reaper is this handsome then he can just ask for my soul and I would give it willingly.

Yes, I am smitten by him. 

I am swept off my feet. I thought as I smiled at him. 

"You are mine," I said in a sugary voice as I squished his cheeks. "Mine mine mine," I said and pecked on his lips. He winced but didn't wake up. 

I kissed his forehead and looked up to see the time. 

The digits glowed on the clock that was placed on the side table.

07 00 AM 

My eyes widened a little. 

I need to shower. I told myself as I untangled myself from Ahmed and sat up. I yawned as I held the duvet close to my chest for the sake of decency. Ahmed was still sleeping soundly beside me. 

I spotted my panties on the floor, right beside the bed. I frowned. 

Damn you, Ahmed, why did you throw them off the bed? I cursed him mentally. 

In case you are wondering, yes my feeling towards my handsome husband keep oscillating between love and annoyance because he is like that. 

I crawled under the sheets to the edge of the bed and reached out for my panties. Thankfully the bed wasn't high and I was able to grab the panties without exposing too much of myself. 

Once I retrieved them, I crawled back to my place and shimmied them up my legs. 

Trust me when I say, crawling naked under the sheets wasn't on my mind when I thought about sex when I was young.