CHAPTER 16: HEARTBROKEN

FATIMA'S POV:

It was raining hard, my feet were still recovering. Uncle and Aunty were out of the city. Gul and Shamim Aunty were also out of the house. I was studying thus when I heard thunder I realized that it was raining. I decided to check whether the windows and terraces were close or not to avoid the house from getting wet. I limped downstairs and closed all the windows. When I came upstairs again I realized that terrace was open. I felt cold wind when I got closer. I looked outside. The flower wines hanging from the terrace were drenched. It was like a tempest outside.

I placed my foot inside the terrace and the water deposited by the rain touched my sole. It was cold and refreshing. I stepped inside the terrace and looked at the rain falling heavily. Within seconds I was soaked to the bone.

I was enjoying it when I felt someone had grabbed my wrist. I was pulled harshly in to a hard surface. I looked up to see Ahmed looking at me with strangeness in his eyes.

"Hey you... Fatima." He said and placed his hand on my waist. The warmth from his palm in midst of the cold rain sent shivers down my body.
"W-what are you doing, pervert?" I said twisting and turning in his arms trying to get away.
"Break up with Saad." He said out of nowhere.
"Huh?" I looked at him confused.
"I said break up with that rascal." He said softly placing his forehead on mine and rubbed his nose against mine.
"Why?" I whispered, forgetting about getting away.
"Because that rascal is up to no good. He will hurt you." He whispered back.
"Are you judging him for something that you do everytime you see me?" I asked him looking up to his eyes.
"I hurt you?" He asked as if that was the most impossible thing ever. I noticed that his speech was a little slow and slurred. I nodded.
"You hurt me everytime you call me someone of loose morals and low standard." I looked into his eyes.
"But I like you so much." He added with confused expressions on his face.

"You... What?" I asked him.
"I like you Saint Mary." He said placing his palm on my cheek as his thumb carressed my lips.

I looked at him in shock.

"I like you so much that I have to force myself to hate you." He continued and carressed my lips. My heartbeat was so fast as if I had done hours of cardio.
"Did you drink?" I asked him looking in his eyes. His black hair were now wet and fell over his eyes. I tucked them back. Ahmed laughed at my question.
"Maybe a little." He said putting out his index finger and thumb close.
"Are you drunk?" I asked him softly. He laughed again.
"Maybe a little." He replied and rubbed his nose against mine. My heartbeat dropped.
"Does it mean that you don't mean anything you say?" I asked him.
"Of course I mean what I say." He pulled his head back irritated.
"Are you lying?" I asked.
"No!" he replied and then leaned his forehead on mine.
"Will you forget it in the morning?" I asked.

I felt his gaze move from my eyes to my lips. He slowly reduced the distance between our lips. Just as soon as we were about to touch he slumped on me. I had to lean against the wall to support myself and prevent falling.

"Ahmed?" I called his name but her remained unresponsive. His breath tickled my neck as he snuggled further into the crook of my neck.

I couldn't leave him here so I decided to carry him to his old room. He was heavy so it was hard to drag him to his room.

I entered the room and dropped him on the bed. His hair had called over his eyes again. It's funny how simple hairstyle could change the whole persona. This man sleeping on the bed with wet clothes looked nothing like the illmannered business man I am used to deal with. This Ahmed laying in front of me was someone I could like. He was something like Ahmed I met when I first came here.

He almost looks like a boy. I thought as I pushed back hair from his face.

I looked at his wet clothes and then at mine. So I decided to change first. I came back after changing into dry clothes and grabbing my phone. He was still fast asleep.