CHAPTER 35: MAKE MY HEART SWELL

"Okay, so..." I said looking at Ahmed, he turned and met my eyes. "I'll head out first?" I suggested. "I have to study," I stood up.

Ahmed nodded and stood up too. He started to pick up the dishes. At that moment, it felt so adorable. A hunk in black T, standing in a kitchen for me.

I placed my hand on his forearm and tiptoed. Before he could turn I quickly placed a peck on the corner of his mouth and ran out of the kitchen.

Why did I run out? Because I am stupid and bashful.

I ran back to my room and closed the door behind me. I picked up my glasses and my notes to revise before moving on. I was doing that when the door opened revealing Ahmed with his laptop bag.

"Yes?" I said looking at him questionably.
"What?" He said nonchalantly closing the door behind him.

I just shrugged and went on with my studying. Occasionally I did turn back and check what he was doing but he seemed to be too busy typing.

I carried on with my studies when my phone rang. It was Jacinta. I felt a little shocked. Jacinta wasn't someone who would call me without any concrete reason.

"Hello?" I said as soon as I picked up her call.
"We have a quiz tomorrow." She got right to the point.
"What? Aren't we supposed to be on leave to study before the exams?" I asked.
"It's Surgeon Carter, we should expect anything." She said indifferently. I agreed with her. "Anyway, see you at the hospital." She said before hanging up.

"Allah Allah Allah!" I said quickly standing up from my chair and fumbling for my notes and books. The chair tumbled over behind me. I looked behind d and caught Ahmed staring at me intently.

"Sorry," I whispered before picking up the chair and moving on with my commotion.
"Has something happened?" I could feel his concern in his voice with the weight of his gaze on my back as I looked on the bookshelf for my respective books for the subject.
"It's..." I reached out for the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Surgery from the top tier. "Nothing." I completed my sentence.

I reached out to pick the Surgery For Beginners but it fell right through my hands. I muttered profanities as I picked it up. I turned on my heel and crashed into Ahmed's chest which made the book fall out of my hands.

"Ow!" I said massaging my forehead. "Ahmed, you need-" I yelped in the middle of the sentence when I felt him lift me over his shoulder.

My scream died when he dropped me on the bed, bum first. I opened my mouth to complain but it died before even coming out as he hovered over me.

"Ahmed, I don't have time. I-" I pushed his shoulder in a try to get him off me.
"Sshh..." He laid his finger on my lips. I blinked at him. He smiled reassuringly before moving his face next to my ear. "You're too talkative." He whispered huskily. I gulped.

My hand that was supposed to push him off rested on his shoulder.

"I... I need to stu-" I tried to speak against his fingers.
"Sh..." He said. "You're too tense." He whispered. I gulped again. "Relax..." He whispered.

I tried doing that but how could I?

No, not because of the quiz but more because of the fact that I had a hunk hovering over me.

His eyes wandered down to my lips. I opened my mouth to say stop him but before the words could leave my lips, his lips met mine.

I watched his closed eyelids in surprise as his mouth closed over mine. The warmth from his mouth made my insides tepid. I closed my eyes as my hand fisted the shirt over his shoulder. Our lips moved in sync as he rested his hands over my shoulder.