CHAPTER 29: I WILL NEVER SAY IT BUT YOU WOULD KNOW

AHMED'S POV

I came back from the shower rubbing the towel on the base of my head. When I saw her peacefully engulfed by the slumber. The golden light of the sun was hitting her face but she was unruffled by the light. She was wrapped up in a blanket burrito. 

I placed my left knee on the bed and pulled the duvet from beneath her. She stirred but went back to her unvexed state again. I slid into the covers beside her. I snaked my arm under her neck and pulled her close. Her hairs were now bound in a loose bun and few strands had gained themselves freedom too. 

I smiled at her ethereal features as she snuggled further into me. I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. And stared at her golden glowing face in the golden hour. I traced my thumb on her cheek. 

"Is it all for a bet?" someone questioned me. It had been a while since I heard that voice but I still recognized it. 

It was her. 

I thought he had left her behind years ago. I thought she would stop showing herself in front of her. 

"Zaynab," I whispered. 

The figure of the woman looked angelic when the light of the sun shone from behind her. 

"Cherish her before she's gone. It is the unwavering law of nature that it takes away what you don't cherish." 
"No!" 

I snapped opened my eyes. My throat was parched. My eyes snapped back to where I had seen her. But of course, there was no one. The sun was still where it was. Almost as if the encounter never happened. But it did. 

I could still hear the echos of her voice ringing in my ears.

My eyes glanced towards Fatima, who was sleeping beside me. Out of instinct, I pulled her closer.

 It is the unwavering law of nature that it takes away what you don't cherish. 

I gulped as my eyes wandered off to the ceiling. 

 "You are so handsome, Ahmed." 
"I might say yes, you have really desirable genes that I want to see in my children."
"I really like you. You're the only one I think about. Since the day you saved me, I cannot stop thinking about you."

Her innocent face was right in front of my eyes. 

Can I let her go? Is it really all for that stupid bet? 

Before my thoughts could go any deeper. A small groggy voice interjected. 

"What time is it?" She asked. 
"It's time for me to eat you," I said pulling her closer. 

I love how her eyes would go wide with horror whenever I would say that or her annoyed expressions when I would talk about sexual details.

"What?" She asked rubbing her eyes as her chin rested on my chest. She had missed it. 
"Nothing. It's 07 25 PM" He said pulling her close. 
"What!" She exclaimed but there were still traces of sleep in her tone. 
"You had an appointment or what?" I asked her laughing as she pulled herself away from me and sat up. 

The cold seeped into the places she was draped formerly, leaving desolation in my body. My shirt hung on her curves perfectly. Her breasts appeared soft and firm. The papilla appeared to be hard under the soft black fabric of my tee. 

I gulped, trying to hold in the desire that was building again. 

You just jerked off. I told myself.

"I have to shower before it's time for prayer." She said pulling her catcher out of her hair.

Her hair fell freely till her hips. I could tell that she had a haircut because the last time I had seen her hair, they reached her thighs.