When the Facade Fades (A Night Shift Story)

-Y/N comforts Drew-
Drew and I's relationship has grown stronger since his incident three months ago, we. We were more of a team now than ever; so when one of us hurts, we all hurt. I take Drew's hand into mine and caress the back of it with my thumb. I glance up at him to see his concerned face. A face that he used when he would hide his emotions. I leaned his face down and press a warm kiss on his lips. He presses another kiss on my lips and brushes his nose against mine. "Thank you," He says. "No problem," he glances at the mayor with an angered glimpse in his eye. I wonder what their beef is.

**

"Son of a bitch," I hear Drew yell. I then hear a crash of metallic pans hitting the floor. I rush to where I heard Drew only to see him push passed Kenny and Jordan angrily. This was an immediate red flag. Jordan looks to me and says, "You need to get your boyfriend under control," "what happened?" "He saw a feature about the mayor on the news and he just started freaking out." Jordan says. I rush passed them into the lobby where u heard Drew slam the door. "Drew, you need to calm down. I understand that you have issues with the mayor but you can't just take it out on everyone." I say as I walk into the lobby room.

"Issues with the mayor? That the understatement of the year." He says. He sits down on the couch and holds his face in his hands. "Drew, you can talk to me baby." I say as I sit next to him. "You won't understand. You didn't serve." He says, rubbing his face. "True, I haven't. But I have in hell of a talent of putting myself in other people's shoes. And just know that your battles are my battles." I say. He pulls away from his hands and looks at me with his piercing brown eyes.

"Alright?" I add. "Okay," He says. I put up my hand and he interlocks his fingers with mine before pulling me in for a hug. Once he pulls away, I say, "Now, what did the son of a bitch mayor do?"