I'm Sorry [4/4]

Our hands still intertwined, he rocks into me slowly and softly as my walls clenched around him. My hair wraps around my neck because of the sweat that fabricated all over my body. My toes curl with he hits that spot and my grip on his hand tightens. He lifts me off of the bed and places me on his lap. He keeps his slow, soft pace but at a different angle. I throw my head and gasp at his motions. He presses warm kisses down my neck and collarbone.

After a while (a while being a few seconds), he lays into his back and I hold onto the head of the bed as I try to take all of him in. We both moan softly but the thought of debriefing come into mind. I have to be with First Lieutenant and the other Sergeants to discuss the agenda for the day. Drew and I have been in this bed for the entire night and spilled into morning. I pull away from Drew's lips to ask, "What time is it?" "Um," he starts, his voice rasp from the lack of speaking. "Six fifteen, why?" He adds after he checks his watch.

"Shit," I say, sliding off of him and scanning the tent for scattered clothes. "What? Why are you in a rush?" He asks. "Because I have a debriefing that was fifteen minute ago. And First Lieutenant will have my ass now that I am late."l I explain as I put on my underwear and pants. "What context would he have your ass in, exactly?" He says. "You are not helping," I scold. "I'm sorry," He says, making me sigh. "Just put on your clothes. We have to.. you can't be here if First Lieutenant comes." I explain.

"Alright," I add. "Okay, I understand." "Thank you," I say, rushing out of my tent with just my hair needing to be pulled up into a bun.

**

Everyone has been asking me if I was okay for the entire day. Truth is, I have been out of it. I slept with a married man; the man who shattered my heart to pieces. And the worst part was how amazing it felt to be in his arms again and to have his lips touching mine. It felt amazing in the moment and it feels amazing just thinking about it, but then reality sets in. He is a married man and I am currently in a relationship with someone. "Hey, Amara, did you see that raven fly over us?" I ask, which was code for 'we need to talk'."

"Yes, it was quite pretty don't you think?" "Very," Her and I walk away from the crowd of guys in the commons. "What's up? According to everyone, you've been dealing off all-" "I slept with Drew last night," I blurt. She stops talking for only a few seconds before exclaiming, "What?" "Shut up. Do you want the tenure platoon to know?" I say through gritted teeth. "I'm sorry, okay? You know how I get when it comes to drama." I sigh deeply and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"How did it happen? Who kissed who first?" She whispers. "He kissed me first, and I just let him. Months of anger and resentment toward him has completely left my body and all I could think about was his lips on mine." "But why?" "I don't know." "Isn't he married?" I nod and she adds, "And you're with First Lieutenant," I nod again and she says, "Boy, you're in one hell of a pickle." "I know," "Speaking of the Devil," She says and I look up to see Drew scanning the room.

Once his eyes land on me, my heart races in my chest. He makes his way over to me and sits down next to me as he links his hands on the table. "So I'm assuming she told you what happened..." Drew says to Amara. "You're a real dick, you know that." Amara snarks. "I'll take that as a yes," "Can I talk to you for a minute?.. alone." He adds. I glance to Amara and she shakes her head no, saying don't do it sis.

I press my lips together and sigh before nodding and following him out of the common area. "I'll be back," I mouth to her. "Sure you will," She says. Drew and I go back into my tent and he says, "Last night was a mistake," "I know it was," I say, dropping my head. "But it felt amazing," "you are amazing," He adds, lifting my chin up. "Even though that I'm back with Rick, I want to let you know that I will never stop being in love with you, Y/N."

His eyes drift from my eyes to my lips as he steps closer to me. "I think it's best if we keep our distance if we don't want things to happen," I say with a shaky breath. "I completely agree," he says, not moving from his spot. He captures my lips in a warm, lingering kiss. He pulls me closer by the waist and continues to kiss me like there's no tomorrow. Even though my lips are swollen from the pressure of his lips.

"First Lieutenant, you don't want to go-" Amara stops speaking and the sound of the tarp opening. I pull away from Drew to see Emmett crossing his arms as he looks from me to Drew. Amara, Drew, Emmett and I just look around at each other in a completely silent tent, waiting for a brave soul to say the first word.