Time Travel

Everyone was on edge about what was going to happen in the next 52 minutes. Iris was going to die. I've been observing her behavior, and it seems like, she's come to terms with it. Which is unacceptable, we are all busting our asses to make sure that she will be safe.

And she's already accepting her fate. I was just about to pull her aside and talk to her about it when I hear Barry walk in. "I found someone to help us get the Dominator tech," he says. "Hello," a familiar, snarky voice says. My heart sinks when I look over to see that it was Snart.

I haven't seen him since he died in my arms a year back. And let's just say, the wound is still fresh. Snart looks at me and a sigh leaves his lips. "You're looking beautiful as ever, darling." "Barry, what the hell is he doing here?"

"I told you. To help us steal the dominator tech." "Well it seems like you guys have a lot you need to talk about. I'll be the lab." Snart says. He glances at me before leaving and Iris look at me. "It's okay, Y/N. You can go talk to him." "That's what I'm the most afraid of. I said my good byes, anything else would be unnecessary."

"Come on, Y/N." "I don't want to get heartbroken again, Cisco. You all know how long it took for me accept his death and move on." "You'll regret it if you don't, Y/N." "Regret is better than guilt for me," I walk out of the room and advance towards the exit, but something told me to stop.

I turn around and walk down the hallway until I am in the laboratory. "So I die in the near future, huh?" He asks. "You weren't suppose to hear that. It could mess up the timeline." "I've been thinking about you a lot lately. You should come with us, the Legends."

I was about to object, but everything was going to change if he knew how he died. "That sounds like a great idea," he sets down his cold gun when he sees that I'm walking towards him. I rest my head on his chest and he wraps his arms around me.

Soft sobs escape my mouth and he rubs circles on my back. "I hate seeing you cry, darling." "That's what I've been doing since you.." "Well let's just.. enjoy each other's company while we still have free time, huh."

He pecks all over my face and squeezes my sides, making laugh louder than usual. After he finally stops, I sigh and say, "I missed you," "Not as much as I missed you," He presses a long kiss on my lips and I spin around to wrap his arms around my waist.

"So how do you feel about the whole Iris dying situation?" "You never were the greatest conversationalist," I say with a chuckle. He kisses my neck softly and I add, "But I'm not scared like everyone else.. I have a plan if they can't come up with one."

"What does that mean?" "It means that I'll do whatever it takes to save my sister." "Even if that means—" I look at him and he kisses me once again. "I'll die a hero, just like you did." "I died a hero?" I nod and he holds me with any of us talking, just enjoying each other's company for the last time.

**

It was time. I knocked Iris out and flipped her face with mine with HR's device from Earth 19. Everything was happening just according to my plan. Barry used the Dominator weapon, but it only made Salvitar stronger.

The blade pierced through my heart and I look at the very top of the building to see Iris disgusted as me. She falls to her knees as she cries and I look up to the stars.

I'll be with you soon, Snart. I promise.

Salvitar runs away and Barry holds me in his arms. Tears stain his face and I hold the side of his face. "I couldn't... let Iris... die." "What?" I turn off my facial mask off and his eyes widens. "Y/N, no." He whispers.

"Iris is safe.. on the rooftop. Tell my dad that I love him. I love all of you. And I knew how much her death would affect you." "No, no, Y/N, please. Just hold on." I look to the left as an a tear escaped my eye. I see Snart kneeling down next to me.

"Hi," He says. "Hey, you ready?" I nod and he leans in to kiss me.

Third Person POV
The light left Y/N's eyes and Barry squeezed her body closed to his so he could feel her heartbeat for the last time. "I'm so sorry, Y/N." "Y/N!" Joe runs to her side and looks to Barry with tears in his eyes. "Why! Why did it have to be her? Why can't I just have all of my children alive, damn it!" Joe snaps.

Few weeks later, Y/Ns funeral happened and no one could get a thought through without bursting into tears. She was the barrier between the harsh world and reality. She lodged herself between the jackasses of the world and the actual world.

She was all about protecting those she cared about. And that was what she was dying doing: protecting. Now she was with Snart, and she was happier than she's ever been. Everyone will take a while to accept what happened, but deep down, they knew that their happiness is what she would want.