Never Went Away [4/4]

I rub her back as tears brim in my own eyes. I couldn't have been there for her. We could have been there for each other. If we didn't have anybody else, we could at least have each other.

"I'm sorry for not realizing this sooner," I say. "With dad traveling all over the world for his job and my mom gone, I'm alone in the house more time than not. In the beginning I could deal with, but then someone broke into the house and I didn't feel safe anymore, no one came. After Olivia stopped, no one else came. I don't.. I don't like asking for help. I never did. I guess I just hoped that someone could see how I'm feeling with just a look without me saying anything. But what was I thinking." She says as she wipes away her tears.

"Well you are more than welcome to stay over my house, or I can stay over yours. That way we have each other, even if we don't have anybody else." I say. "How does that sound? Good?" "That sounds great," She says as she pulls me in for another hug.

Later that night, we all decide to go to bed and Jordan and Layla called sleeping next to me. Spencer called laying at the foot of the bed. Which left Asher and Olivia to sleep on the pull out sofa. There was just something about Jordan's arms wrapping around me and feeling his warmth radiate onto my body that just made me feel so.. safe.

And I feel guilty because I promised that I would be there for Layla to make her feel safe. And I said that she would be there for me to make me feel like I wasn't alone. As much as I didn't want to, I slide myself out of Jordan's grasp and lay on my back near Layla. I link her hand with me and she falls asleep on my shoulder. Jordan ended up moving from the bed to the couch downstairs in the living room. "Damn it," I say under my breath.

**

(Jordan's POV)
I link my fingers together and gaze across the room at Layla and Y/N laughing at something. Whenever Y/N smiles, time stops and my heart races. "Hello, Earth to Jordan." Asher says as he waves a hand in front of my face. "Huh?" "Come on, dude. Just talk to her." "What? Hell no, she hates me." "She doesn't hate you, Jor." Olivia says. "I wasn't there for her when she needed me most and she almost died because of it. Of course she hates me." I snap.

"But even though she does, I keep finding myself wanting to say how much I love her. And how much value she truly holds in my life. And how I treated like I did to push her away from me so she couldn't see me so weak and vulnerable an-" "Jordan, stop." Spencer says. "Stop what you sayin', and say it to her. Go get your girl, dog." He adds.

I glance over at Y/N to see her look away really quickly. I release a shaky breath as I stand up from my table and my make way over to her. "Y/N, I need you to hear what I have to say. I know I don't deserve even that by the way I've been treating you, but I can't bottle this inside of me anymore. I love you, Y/N. I love way more than a friend, and I think you and me both know when that changed for us, and it wasn't on the bridge. It was before that. The way I was treating you was shitty, I know. I was the most vulnerable I've ever seen myself and I pushed you away because I didn't want you to see me like that. I didn't want you to change the image of who you saw me as: your knight in shining armor. I was the one who was supposed to save you and I failed. I don't want you in my life,Y/N. I need you in my life. Your presence makes me feel like everything is going to be alright. And when I almost lost your presence, I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. Every time you're not around me, I feel like I can't breathe. The only time that I breathe is when I see your beautiful face. And the thought that I couldn't see your face again, makes me want to jump off the bridge right with you then. And I know.."

I continued to ramble on with everything that I wanted to say to her that I've been holding in for months now. She stands from the table with tears rolling down her cheeks. She approaches me and shushes me as she pulls my neck and connects her lips with mine. The entire cafeteria made an uproar with sounds of encouragement. I lift her off the ground by her thighs and she wrapped her legs around my waist. Her soft lips massage him and I softly sigh into the kiss. She rests her face against my shoulder and wraps her arms around my neck. "I'm in love with you too, Jordan Baker." Tears of joy escapes my eyes. I'm not letting go of this girl ever again.