Patching Up Ardeth (The Mummy Imagine)

Ardeth:

I was finishing up my shift at the British Museum when I heard a car screeching to a stop and O'Connell yelling my name. "Oh boy," I say to myself. "Y/N!" "What now, O'Connell?" "They took Eve," "What? Who did?" "Mercenaries," Ardeth says. "Ardeth?" I say with disbelief. "My Queen," He bows his head.

"No time for that. We have to grab some weapons to get Eve back." O'Connell says. "Okay, okay. Follow me." I say as I lead them to the weapons vault. I walk into the room to see Eve tied up and Imnotep in some vessel. I hide behind the wall and whisper, "How the hell did I miss this."

I found a few guns and tossed them to Ardeth and O'Connell. They shot at them while I found swords to use. I threw a sword at one and impaled them on wall. While they fought, I freed Eve and brought her to safety. I used my remaining sword to help the fight, but then Imnotep summoned his guards and we had to get out of there.

We ran outside to see Jonathan with Alex as he drove a two decker bus. "What happened to my car?" O'Connell says. "No time for that, we have to go." I state. Everyone went on the bus and we fought the soldiers as Jonathan drove. Ardeth was wounded by one do the soldiers and I run up behind and wrap my legs around his head. I twist and hurdle myself toward the ground, detaching his head from his body.

I then kick the soldier off of the bus and help Ardeth up. "Are you okay?" I say. I get my bag and pull of my first aid kit. I open it and take out a few cotton balls to dab alcohol in them. "Would you mind taking off your shirt?" "I'm fine, my Queen. I've dealt with my worse injuries." "And I don't want these minor injuries to get infected and become major injuries." I explain.

He unbuttons his shirt on the right side and I rub the alcohol in the wounds. He mumbles something in Arabic under his breath, I'm assuming from the pain of the alcohol. I take another cotton ball dipped in alcohol and put it on the rest of his wounds. Then I put an antibiotic cream on them before I put on the bandages. "There, all done." I say.

"You know, I had a vision about us. We were training the Medjai together," I add. "That's all you remember," He speaks as he moves his hands so that he is a few inches from caressing my cheek. "My love?" He adds.

I touch the side of his face gently. He touches my face and we look into each other's eyes for a moment. He bows his head and I rest my forehead on his. O'Connell interrupts us by saying, "Are you alr-" "Shhh, give them a moment." Eve interrupts. "I missed you," he adds and wraps his arms around me as I bury my face into his neck.

"Mom, why are they acting like you and Dad?" "Because I think they were in love in a past life, darling." I pull away from his neck and his lips connect with mine in a tender kiss. He pulls away slowly and I hum lowly. We look at each other and I find my heart racing.

"Alright, lovebirds. We have to go back to Humanaptra."

**

"Please don't go," I whine as I lay on my side. He rests on his back with one of his arms tucked behind his head. "I have to, my Love. The Medjai needs it's leader," He takes my hand into his and places a kiss on the back of it. "When do you have to be back?" "Before sundown," "Great, that means that we have time." I say. I peck his lips softly before I stand up from the bed.

I put an oversized shirt and walk to my kitchen. I take out the bacon and put it into the hot pan. I feel Ardeth's arms wrap around me and he presses a kiss on my shoulder. "Don't be sad, my love. We'll- what's the delicious smell?" "Bacon?" I say with a chuckle. "Can I.." He trails off as he tries to touch the hot pan.

I slap his hand away and say, "No, you'll burn yourself." I give him a piece of bacon that was already cooked and his face lit up like a Christmas tree. The next thing I knew, he grab the entire plate of cooked bacon and ran with it. "Ardeth, no!" I turned off the stove and ran after him. "Give me my bacon!"

He ran into the living room and I tackled him into the couch. I caught the plate before it fell to the ground and he huffs deeply. A smile was plastered on his face and I said, "You betray me for some bacon, huh?" "Never," He says as he takes me into his arms. "It was to distract you," "Oh really?"

He presses a warm kiss on my lips and his hands travel under my shirt. I lift my hands up and he throws it on the floor. I scoot closer on his lap and he lays me so I am on top of him. I kiss his neck and run my fingers through his luscious hair when the door unlocks. "Y/N, oh!- cover your eyes, Alex." Eve says.

"Eve!" I quickly grab my shirt and cover myself with it. "Well look who it is?" O'Connell teases. "Shut up, O'Connell." I snap, making him chuckle. "Ardeth, you sly old fox." Jonathan states. I toss a pillow at him, which he dodges. "Jonathan, take Alex to the car, we'll be down there in a bit." Eve commands. "But-but-but," Alex states. "Enough with the buts, Alex. Just go."

Jonathan and Alex leave and Eve adds, "Y/N, I didn't know that you moved that fast." "I didn't. We- never mind that, what are you doing here?" "We just wanted to check in on you and see if you were alright." "Which you clearly were." O'Connell inserts. I sent him a glare and he winks at me. "Well I suppose we will let you get back to it." Eve says before advancing towards the door.

"Wait, Eve." I say as I stand from the couch. I put on my shirt and add, "I need to talk to you about something." "Is everything alright?" She asks. "Things are the best that they've been. I think I should go with Ardeth, back to the Medjai." "What, no! You can't leave me. I need you in my life, Y/N." "Eve," I hold the side of her face in my hand and say, "This is what I've been called to be. The rightful Queen of the Medjai."

"Just as you were the pharaoh's daughter and were destined to put Imnotep in his grave. I know that I have to leave you, but it won't be forever." I add. She wraps her arms around me and says, "But I don't want you to leave." "I'll be back before you know it." "You're leaving?" O'Connell says as he approaches us. I nod and he pulls me in for a warm hug too. "If he breaks your heart.." he starts. "I know," I finish.