Shunned Upon (A Riverdale Story) [1/3]

A/N: Warning, this story contains slight smut and relationship with an 18 yo with a man thirty some years older. If that's not your thing, then you can skip it. If so, then keep reading!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've recently moved to Riverdale from Boston, Massachusetts, and I've got to say, this place flatter than my forehead. There is not a hill in sight. Being the new girl at Riverdale high has its perks. Everyone is willing to do you a favor because they either want to be my friend or get in my pants. But I don't plan on getting in a relationship in a long time.

Not after what happened between me and my high school math teacher. What happened wasn't forced; it was completely consensual and we were in agreement with each other. But then he was murdered in the rougher side of Boston and my entire world was flipped upside down. The truth about us came out and I would get threats sent to my house, and since I live on my own now that I am eighteen, the police recommended that I move to another town to start fresh.

And here I am, starting fresh in a weird town called Riverdale. So far, I've heard lots of drama about the murderers and deaths in this town. Maybe this town wasn't the best town to start over in. "Hey Y/N," Veronica greets as she sits down next to me in the lunchroom along with Betty and Archie. "Hey," "How has your first few days been coming along?" She asks. "It's been drama filling, which isn't good for me. I'm not huge on drama." I explain. "Oh wow, then you're more unique than I thought. You're the first person to ever say that since I've been here at Riverdale High." She states.

"Is that a bad thing or..?" "No, it's actually the opposite. It shows that you have other passions and interests to worry about other than rumors and gossip." Betty says. "Now, this is probably the last time that I will mention gossip, but I can't help but to be curious. What was your dating life like back in Boston? What's your type?" Veronica asks, her eyes glistening with excitement. Oh no, I think that we have a matchmaker on our hands. "I um.. I don't pursue high school boys."

"Oh?" "Yeah," "So are you into college boys or college professors?" "Professors," I say softly. "Ah, so your maturity level is beyond developed, and you want a man that can match your level of intelligence and maturity, yeah?" "Yes, but im not-" "Great! I have the perfect person for you!" "Oh no,"

**

Veronica has been trying to set me up with more and more guys that I can't help but say no to. They are nowhere near my type of guy but I don't know how to tell her to stop because no one has ever cared about me enough to help me find someone or something to make me happy. I'm currently relaxing in her living room as I air for her to come back from Pop's so we can start our dance practice.

"Mija, do- oh hi there Y/N, do you know where my daughter is?" Her father, Hiram, asked. Hiram is not a bad looking dude. And when he comes back from his afternoon runs, is pretty much the prettiest sight I have seen in a long time. I have a small inkling telling me to try talking to him and see what happens. But I have another inkling telling me to resist it because it would be awkward, getting into a relationship with your new friend's married dad. But there's nothing wrong with looking.

"Oh, she went to Pop's." I state. "Oh, okay. She left you here alone?" "Well yes, I am a big girl. I can take care of myself. And she trusts me, so yes, she did leave me here alone." "I never said that you weren't old enough to stay here alone. I was just curious." He states. "Right, sorry, I'm just naturally defensive." I say, glancing down at my hands with nervousness.

I feel the couch sink next to me and I glance over to see Hiram leaning his elbows on his knees. "Well being naturally defensive isn't necessarily a bad thing. It makes people think twice before messing with you," He explains. "I suppose," After a moment of silence, he says, "Would you like something to drink?" He gets up and walks into the kitchen.

"Sure, a water would be nice." I answer. He has a small smile played on his lips. "What?" I add. "Nothing, I just meant something alcoholic to drink." "But I'm 18," "Which is an adult. I always thought that the don't drink until you're twenty one rule was stupid. When you're eighteen, you're an adult. And if you're an adult, you can drink. It's that simple." He states as he puts down two wine glasses and bottle of wine on the counter.

"Unless you're a goody two shoes and want to wait until you're twenty one. If so, then that's okay, breaking rules isn't for everyone." he says as he puts away the wine glasses. "Oh no, I never said any of that. I simply said I'm 18. You're the one that made up the rest of the assumptions." I say as I stand from the couch. "Put the glasses back on the counter,". I add.

He smirks as he puts the glasses back on the counter. He pours the wine into the glass and hands it to me. I smell it gently before I drink it and i hum as the smooth, cold drink slid down my throat. "It taste good doesn't it?" I take another sip and nod as I do so. "It dates back all the way to the 1930s."

"I never understood why wine tasted better with age," "neither did I," I notice how close he is as he drinks his wine. "So, my daughter tells me that you are into older men and not high school boys." He says as he takes another sip of his wine. "She's right,"

"May I ask why?" "Just never seemed to click with any boys my age. They are just so.." "Immature?" He finishes. "Precisely," "Have you had any luck with finding men interested in you? Since you're so young?" He asks. "Why do you wanna know?" I ask as I turn around to rest my back along the edge of the counter.

"Picture me curious," "Yes, I've had a couple of hitters." "Oh yeah?" "What happened to the last one?" "He, uh... he was murdered," "Oh my God, that's.. I'm such a mood killer." He says with a nervous chuckle. "No, it's fine. You couldn't have known." "Did he treat you well?" "He really did." He takes the wine glass away from me and says, "Are we really going to deny what's going to happen or..?"

"It depends on whether you agree with my terms or not," "Okay..well what are your terms?" He asks as he boxes me against the counter. "Firstly, if we see each other in public, we do not make any attempts to sit near each other or acknowledge each other unless it's necessary. Secondly, there will be no gifts of any kind, even for our birthdays. Thirdly, we have no right to lay down territory on one another. Fourthly, and most importantly, do not- and I repeat, do not- catch feelings for one another." I list.

"Think we can do that?" I add. "Absolutely," He says as he leans in to kiss me, but just before our lips were about to touch, my phone rings. Not breaking eye contact, I answer the phone and say, "Hello?" "Hey Y/N, I'm going to be a little late. Something came up." "Oh? How late are we talking about?" "About thirty minutes. We can still practice if you want." "No, that's alright. We can practice some other time." "I'm sorry," "It's alright, life happens."

"I'll make it up to you tomorrow, I promise." "I'll hold you to that," I say before hanging up. "I'm sure you heard all of that, correct?" He hums in agreement and pushes my hair away from my shoulders. I gasp as he leaves kisses down my neck. "You're skin is so soft," he whispers against my neck. "You wanna know what else is soft?" I tease.

He lifts me off of the ground by my thighs and sets me on the counter. "I can think of something that won't be soft for very long," he whispers against my lips. I pull him closer by the neck and kissed him softly. He slips his tongue into my mouth as he runs his hands up my thighs. "So how much do you think we can get in when we have thirty minutes?" I ask in between kisses. "Oh I can fit a lot in," He says as he takes me off of the counter and walks me into his bedroom.

**

Hiram and I have been seeing each other for the past month and I would have to say that it has probably been the most eventful and funnest month of my entire life. Though I am being a complete home-wrecker, the fact that we can cut this off at any time and not have any hard feelings, is what makes this kind of affair fun and reassuring.

As he was kissing down my stomach and running his hands down my thighs, I think back to when we spent the weekend in his private lodge somewhere in the mountains. We spent the entire weekend in bed, watching movies, cuddling and eating take-out by the burning fireplace. The perfect weekend that anyone could ask for.