Rage (A Barry Allen Imagine)

Every since Barry had his encounter with the man with the red eyes, he was acting different. More angry. I was with him when he snapped on Oliver.

And when I tried to calm him down, he snapped at me. Saying that I was like a groupie, following him around everywhere, hoping to get his attention. He said that I wasn't important. And that I was trying to be like Iris, and that I would never be like Iris.

But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that he meant everything. He was just keeping all of it suppressed because he didn't want to hurt my feelings. I left and went to the gym to burn off some steam. It was better to go there then to go home and cry for hours.

Third Person POV
"Uh Oh," Felicity says after she tracked down where Barry was. He was in the middle of beating up Eddie when Oliver stopped him. Well, at least he tried to. When Barry was getting the jump on him, Cisco asks, "Where's Y/N?"

"Uh, she's at the gym. Her and Barry got into an argument. She said she needed some space." Caitlin explains. "Well we need her right now, she's the best we have to contain him until we snap him out of his trance."

"Why? What can she do that Oliver can't?" Diggle asks. "She can absorb any forms of energy and use it at her own," Cait says. "I'll call her," she adds. "Cool, right?" Cisco says, but it doesn't phase Diggle.

"Hello?" Y/N answers as she steps off of the treadmill. "Y/N," "Yeah, what's up?" "We need help containing Barry," "Alright, send me the address."

A few minutes later and Y/N is running up to fighting between Oliver and Barry. Just as Barry pushed her to the floor, she absorbed some of her energy, making him slower. He was fighting Oliver when Y/N used Barry's energy to send him flying into a concrete wall. He comes back at her and punches her multiple times, cracking her ribs.

She falls against the trash bin and breaks her arm. She rolls on the her side and cradles her broken arm. She yells out and creates a force that sends everything around her flying. While Barry was down, Cisco and Cait open the doors and flash red and blue lights into his eyes.

He broke his trance and that's when he says Y/N. He falls to his knees and tries to help her. "Don't touch me," she slowly stands up and limps towards the van. "Can you take me back to the STAR Labs?" She asks Caitlin. "Of course,"

They all drive to STAR labs and Cait patches Y/N up. "Hey, how long would this take to heal?" Y/N asks, this was the first time she spoke since the fight. "About two months, if all goes well." "And.. what if, I don't come back." "What? Y/N," "I'm not like Barry, okay? I can't heal at a rapid pace, and I don't even know if I can heal myself with my powers."

She stands from the chair and adds, "I'm more of a liability than an asset. You'll be better off without me." "Y/N, if this is about what I said. I di—" Barry says as he walks into the examination room. "Yes, you did, Barry. You did mean it, so don't lie and say you didn't."

"I just want.. a normal life again. So just please let me." She walks out of the laboratory and Barry tries to follow her. Oliver stops him and says, "Let her go. She made her choice." "No, you don't understand. I need her in my life, okay. Despite what I said, she's the light that I need."

"Well you broke her trust. And by the looks of it, she doesn't want to give you the chance."

Everyone looks to where Y/N left and Barry walks out in the opposite direction.

**

Oliver, Felicity and Diggle were still in town. Oliver and Barry were talking at JavaChip when Y/N walks in. Oliver look at her and Barry follows his gaze to her. Though her face looks bruised, her lip is busted and her arm is in a sling, Barry still thinks that she is beautiful. But he couldn't help but feel guilty that he did that to her.

She oddly enough doesn't notice that she is being stared at. She just orders her coffee and leaves. "I want her back in my life," Barry says. "Then you gotta fight for her. And you need to fight hard. She doesn't seem like someone that's easy to forgive."

Y/N's POV
I've spent a long day at the Continental Press and just wanted to go home and sleep. But once I opened the door to my apartment, I see Barry sitting at the dining room table. He cooked pasta and had two plates set out for us to eat.

"Y/N, you're here early. I didn't expect you for any other thirty minutes." "And I didn't expect you at all. What are you doing here, Barry?" "No matter what I do, how much I apologize, you don't seem receptacle to it."

"And you don't think that's a cue to leave me alone." "I don't want to leave you alone, Y/N. Okay? You're important to me." "Why? Because I'm your groupie?" "No! Please, stop. I didn't mean to say that. I don't know what I said that! I'm so stupid."

I set my keys on the counter and sigh deeply. "I know that I'll never be Iris. But you know what? I never wanted to be Iris. I wanted to be Y/N, and that's still who I want to be." I open my fridge and reach for my bottle of wine. "I stopped comparing myself to other woman a long time ago. And I don't appreciate you doing it for me." I add.

"I know, I'm sorry." "I think you should just leave," I say before making my way to the bedroom. "No, I won't. Not until I get your forgiveness." I feel his hand on my free arm and I inhale sharply. Tears of fear escape my eyes and I say, "P-please don't hurt me,"

He let's go of me and has hurt in his eyes. "You thi— I would never hurt you intentionally." "Yeah, well you did so." "I love you, Y/N. I.. loved you as soon as I met you. You were so bright and positive." "You kept me positive; even when I had no hope left."

I turn around to face him and he adds, "Without you, I don't know where I would be. I love you, Y/N." I slowly approach him and rest my face on his chest. He wraps his arms around me softly and I gently sob against him. He kisses my temple and I say, "I'm so sorry, Barry. I just.. didn't want to get hurt anymore."

"I understand, and I'm the one that should be sorry." "You hurt me again and I'll kill you," I say, making both of us chuckle.