Bad Dreams (An All American Imagine)

"Jordan!" I look all around wide eyed, and everything moved so fast. I didn't even know what was happening. I am shoved to the ground and a single gun shot ripped through the air. I land on my stomach and look in front of me to see Y/N with a bullet wound in her abdomen.

"No, no, no," I crawl over to her and hold her in my arms. She holds onto my forearm weakly and looks into my eyes.
"Someone please call 911! Please! Somebody!" There was something different about them. They didn't have their normal glow.

"Y/N, please, hold on." Her eyes started to blink very slow, which was not a good sign. "Please, love." "I'm not going to fight this, Jor. Everything happens for a reason." "No one is meant to die, Y/N. Stop being so negative." "I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. Death is inevitable."

"No, death is being a bitch right now." There are people calling 911, which was a good sign. But I don't think they are going to get to her in time. "Y/N, please." Tears escaped my eyes and she says, "I've lived a great life. I've experienced love. I have the best friend that I could ever ask for."

"No, don't talk like that! Okay, you're going to be fine. Just don't give up on me please!" She takes my hand into hers and squeezes it as hard as she could. "Promise me that you won't lash out," "I can't," I shake my head somberly.

"Promise me, Jor." A few moments later and I finally say, "Okay," "Thank you," she squeezes my hand and I squeeze hers too. Tears fell from her eyes and she closed her eyes for the last time. It feels like an anvil is being placed on my chest. My breathing quickened left in fast breathes.

I gasp loudly as my body shot up from the covers. Sweat drips down my back as I swing my legs over the edge of the bed. I hold my head in my hands and bounce my right leg gently. Maybe this dream was a sign. Me and Y/N haven't been hangin our anymore now that I have Simone in my life.

Even though I'm not the father, I care about Simone. And I want to be in her life and the baby's. I mean, I still talk to Y/N but it's just not all the time like before. But at least I still have her in my life, and I'm still in hers. The idea of her leaving my life entirely is the worst nightmare that i could imagine.

I stand from the bed and pull out a duffel bag. I shove some clothes, shoes, deodorant and cologne. I put on a sweatshirt and my slides and wrote a note for my family to read. To let them know that I will be over Y/N's house.

I jump into my Chevy Camaro and drive over her house, not caring that it was three in the morning. I know that she leaves her window open all the time in case I want to stay over. I climb up her shutters and open the window. I roll into her room with a thud. "Damn, where did my stealth go?" I say.

"I was going to ask the same thing," I hear her say. I look up see her watching Netflix on her laptop. "What's up? You okay?" He says, setting her laptop down next to her.
"I just.. I had a bad dream about you." I set down my duffel bag on the ground and sit next to her.

"What was the dream about?" "You dying," "Well I'm not going anywhere, so you can get that thought out of your head." "But in the dream, you said, 'death is inevitable'." "I mean, it is. But I'm still not going anywhere. And if the time comes soon, then I'm going to fight to stay. I never give up easily anyhow,"

"Come here," she pulls me into a hug and I wrap my arms around her. I bury my face into her neck and smell her vanilla lotion she always puts on after her shower. "Wanna watch a Bug's Life with me?" "Really? You were watching a Bug's Life at three in the morning?" "And what about it?" She snaps.

I laugh and shake my head at her. She plays the movie and I lay my head on her chest. She pulls the covers over us and runs her fingers through my hair. We've never crossed the line between friendship and boyfriend/girlfriend. She's just my safe place. Someone that I can count on for anything. I need her in my life.

"Damn right you do," "Did I.. did I think aloud again?" "Yes you did," she says with a chuckle. "Sorry," "it's okay, and I'm not going anywhere. Promise."